I am privileged to have been nominated for this award by Kristian, from:
Please check out Kristian’s blog, as there is always something interesting and entertaining there 🙂
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
The origins of this award are as follows:
“This award is meant to encourage new bloggers. From The Global Aussie: “The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” The award initially focused on bloggers with less than 2000 followers, but as its popularity increased this number has gone down to 200.”
However, I am assured that this 200 is merely a guideline and not a hard and fast rule, because, let’s be honest, who wants to spend ages checking out how many followers a blogger has?
I have made some effort to try to choose those bloggers who do accept awards and do not have thousands of followers.
Here are Kristian’s questions to me and my answers:
- If someone were to make a film/movie about your life, which actor would you like to play you? Susan Sarandon. She’s been in so many different good movies over the years, she could play me at every age 🙂 She has a wide range to her acting. There is a loving heart beating in her but at the same time she don’t take no sh*t!
- If you had to stand up and sing a song at Karaoke what song would you choose?
Something by Bonnie Raitt. I know a lot of her songs by heart and she can really belt it out (not that I would, but I could try.)
- If you received a plane ticket through the post that could take you absolutely anywhere in the world, where would you go? Barcelona, Spain. I’ve always wanted to visit and maybe have an extended vaca in Spain. Barcelona in particular, to see the architecture designed by Antoni Gaudi, one of the greatest architects the world has ever seen.
- You are trapped in a mountain hut in a snowstorm. You have all the food and drink you need but there is no TV. What books would you like to have with you? All of Chuck Palahniuk’s works, Michael Ondatje’s works, Chuang Tzu, all of Tom Robbins’ books, Muriel Barberry’s works, and a book of poetry by some of the fabulous poets I’ve come across on Word Press! Hey, I could be trapped there awhile!
- If you could go back in time and meet someone from history who would it be?
I would love to meet Townes Van Zandt. Would also love to meet Anais Nin. Imagining a nice little lunch on a patio with us 3, overlooking the lake on a summer afternoon.
- You arrive home after a long day and the magic elves have cooked/prepared your favourite meal, what is it?
Cheese enchiladas with lots of sauce, guacamole tostadas, chili rellenos, key lime pie for dessert. Washed down with a glass of Magners. Yum!
- Someone pulls out in front of you on the motorway, makes you slam your breaks on, then speeds off. What would you like to happen to them? Vaporized by a Martian Ray Gun. Painlessly of course.
- What burning question that I didn’t ask would you like to answer? You covered all of the burning questions, Kristian. Can’t think of any others.
All of the blogs I nominated have excellent content on them, so please, check them out.
OK, my Nominees:
- Ruth at Ruth Scribbles
- Brett at By the Left Hand
- PowerPop… An Eclectic Collection of Pop Culture
- Natalie at the zen of living smaller
- Thinking Moon
- Angela VanSon at Unassorted Stories
- Reuben Woolley at I am not a silent poet
- iGrowHort: Gardening for Growth
- Fins, Feathers, and Fur
Questions to my nominees. Please note: you are under no obligation to answer any of these. Also, if I missed any “no awards” banners on your page, I apologize and please ignore this.
- Sunlight or moonlight?
- Top 5 favorite movies?
- Funniest thing you ever saw?
- Best thing that ever happened to you by accident?
- Weirdest dream you ever had?
- If you had 3 wishes that could come true, what would they be?
- Favorite cartoon as a kid?
- Favorite toy as a kid?
- If you could have a party with your favorite musician/group playing for it, who would you choose to play for your party?
- If you could build any invention, what would it be?
- What’s the best thing you ever wrote? Please include a link to it if you wish 🙂
Thanks again, Kristian, for the nomination!