My blog is an award-free zone and 99% of the time I won’t participate, but because Kristian from Tales from the Mind of Kristian gave me such wonderful inspiration for Karaoke Cacophony, I accept. Thank you, Kristian, for the nomination. I encourage everyone to check out Tales from the Mind of… as a wealth of wickedness and creativity awaits you there!
1. Use the sunshine blogger award logo
2. Give thanks to the blogger that nominated you
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you
Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
Kristian has given me these 11 questions to answer:
- What is your theory on the point of existence?
- Do you have a favourite film? What is it?
- If you could travel to any place, where would you go?
- If you could do any job what would it be?
- What character trait do you find unattractive?
- When reading fiction, do you prefer reality or fantasy?
- What would you like to see on tomorrow mornings newspaper headlines?
- What advice would you like to give to your ten-year-old self?
- What song always makes you smile?
- What television programme would you love to see back on the airwaves?
- Have you ever played a practical joke on someone?
- What is your theory on the point of existence? To be born, grow, live, learn, love and be loved, and to die, to be reborn in some fashion. I think it could be a test of sorts. I hope our souls carry on from life to life.
- Do you have a favourite film? What is it? Out of the many top contenders, one that is at least in my top 10 is “Unforgiven” starring Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, and Richard Harris. It has a lot going for it and explores the themes of guilt and innocence, good and evil, talk and walk, hero and villain. It also does a damned good job of covering the issue of female exploitation in its lowest forms. It touches on genocide and land grabs.
- If you could travel to any place, where would you go? Spain. I’d love spend a year or more there, taking the rails and appreciating all of the things there are to love about it. (cities, bicycle trails, climate, geography, architecture, cuisine, cultural artifacts, music, art, dance, and more.)
- If you could do any job what would it be? Artist (multi-media including music)
- What character trait do you find unattractive? Insincerity and lying (it’s a tie)
- When reading fiction, do you prefer reality or fantasy? I prefer transgressive fiction that stretches conceptions and perceptions, so if I had to choose between these two it would have to be fantasy (but it isn’t really fantasy, just another way of looking at reality.)
- What would you like to see on tomorrow mornings newspaper headlines? Krusty and his sidekick, Mean Blandman, are “no more.”
- What advice would you like to give to your ten-year-old self? Life is about to go from bad to worse for you. Try telling your teacher what’s going on and see if she can help.
- What song always makes you smile? “Here Comes the Sun” by George Harrison and the rest of The Beatles
- What television programme would you love to see back on the airwaves? “Northern Exposure,” “The Waltons,” “Shameless” Yes, I know that’s 3. I want them all back.
- Have you ever played a practical joke on someone? I used to “get” someone for April Fool’s every year without fail, which is an official day for practical jokes. I played one on a guy with a friend of mine once on a non-April-Fool day and felt so guilty afterwards it wasn’t funny!
I’m not nominating anybody for this award
but I would heartily encourage anyone
who wants to answer these same questions to do so.