Getting Fit: longest and farthest bike ride so far this season

on

Getting Fit Banner 100821

I’ve been wanting to take this ride since last year and today I did it.  I rode from my house, around Muskegon Lake, and out to Lake MI — and back.  It would have been cooler if I would have left early in the morning, but instead I left after 11 a.m.  My speed continues to improve and was an average of over 9pm.

bike ride to pere marquette and back 072922

mileage and speed for pere marquette ride 072922

1. Very impressive, Lisa. And I still haven’t dragged my bike out of the garage. Of course, with my travel to Germany, I had a good excuse. I’m still planning to meet the challenge we discussed after my return!😀

Good! On this ride, if I had known how many miles it was I probably would have let my mind convince me I couldn’t do it. I only found out how far it was when I got home. I really hope you do pull your bike out when you get back.

2. M. Oniker says:

Ah, literally “good for you!” Sounds like fun, and brings back old, fond memories. I learned to ride a bike in Grand Rapids and its a great place to be.

M, Grand Rapids has a very well-developed bike trail system now and so does nearby Holland. So neat you learned to ride a bike in GR.

1. M. Oniker says:

Also lived and biked around Holland. 🙂 Yes, I can see both places as prime areas for trails and good to hear they’ve done that.

Knapp Street and Beyond! In GR, and Waukazoo Woods and Beyond! in Holland. I would bike many many miles in a round trip.

This is very impressive Li.

Thank you, Sadje! It has me geeked I can ride that far, even though I was pretty tired by the end.

Oh 30 miles is a bit far I think. It’s cool that you could do it.

I agree with you on too far. Today I’m feeling it in my knees and the sunburn hurts (forgot sunscreen.)

Take care my friend. Next time be more considerate of your body.

Yes, mom 🙂

4. That’s awesome!!!

Keith, thank you 🙂

1. You’re welcome. Getting fit is a challenge, for sure. I wish my knees allowed me to still ride a bike! I enjoy my walks and that’s my exercise for now.

Keith, walking is probably better exercise. I know it’s harder work. With walking you are transporting your own weight. With biking the bike carries the weight.

5. Wow! That’s very inspiring.

Punam, so happy it inspires you ❤

6. this is awesome Lisa!! Congrats!~👏👏👏👏

Thanks much, Cindy! I’m proud of myself. It took awhile to work up to that many miles.

1. You’re soooo welcome Lisa! I can imagine so and you very much should be! I’m proud of you too! 💖

7. Dave says:

Well done! That’s an impressive ride! Been a long time since I’ve been on a bike. I may have done 30 miles in a day a few times in my teens and 20s but doubt I’d be up for it anymore!

Thanks, Dave. Do you still have a bike? I’m guessing in TX you have to pick your time to ride. Do they have any good bike paths by where you live?