I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by most kind Kristian from Tales from the Mind of Kristian. You just never know what tales Kristian will bring each day, which means every day is a surprise at his blog. Check his place out and go on an adventure. Thank you very much for this nomination, Kristian!
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
The Questions Kristian gave me to answer:
1)What is your biggest pet peeve?
2)Where did you get the name for your blog?
3)If you could change your blogs name, what would it be?
4)What was your favourite show as a kid?
5)Do you have any weird habits?
6)Do you like fall scents/tastes?
7)What is your favourite holiday and why?
8)Do you prefer writing it down or typing it up?
9)Netflix or cable?
10)If money didn’t matter, what would you do with your life?
11)What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- Twofold and both involve driving. One is tailgating, especially when I’m going the speed limit and I usually go over the speed limit. One of my friends is a horrible tailgater, so when I ride with her I see what the attraction is. There is the thrill of danger that the person ahead could brake suddenly, and when it’s winter conditions that doubles the thrill. You know those 100 car pileups you see photos of on the highway? Those are not caused by ice, they are caused by tailgaters! The other is lane-blocking. MI recently added a traffic law saying you can’t block the passing lane on the highway unless you are passing. There are always traffic nazis in the passing lane that line up with the car in the right lane and block any cars from passing. Why?????
- It’s the name of a taoist group that I first started on deja news? net? Back in 1995 or so, when the taoist usenet groups became too corrupted with static. It stayed there for some time, until deja was going to be no more. We then moved to yahoo, where the group still exists but has very little traffic. The name, the “about” page, etc. remains the same here at WP as it is at yahoo. Wulf Dieterich used to post there, who wrote his rendering of the tao-te-ching verse.
- I don’t want to change the name.
- No one favorite. Wonderful World of Disney, Lassie, Lost in Space, I Love Lucy, The Three Stooges, too many to list
- Not sure if they are weird or just being human, but door checking, phobia of losing my keys, singing along with songs, all veggie scraps must go in compost bin, not the garbage. (another pet peeve is to see them thrown into the trash!)
- Yes, earth, crunchy leaves, smoke, spices with cooking
- Halloween is the favorite. Seeing people let their freak flags fly; seeing the kids in their costumes, the crisp night air, jack-o-lanterns.
- If a keyboard is handy it’s going to be typed. If just a blip then written down.
- Netflix, as just satellite internet with a 20g data cap is a fortune. Add that to phone expense and cable is out of my price range. Netflix is free for me as I’m on my son’s account.
- Hot tub, swimming pool, groundskeeper, lots of travel, lots of concerts, lots of philanthropy.
11 things about me:
- I have a 30 gallon aquarium with freshwater tropical fish.
- I love to play Scrabble and strategy board games. I’m good at Scrabble and getting better at the strategy board games.
- Chuck Palahniuk is my favorite author.
- I come from a blended family of 5 brothers and 1 sister. I’m oldest.
- I make kombucha, sourdough bread, and yogurt (fermented foods).
- I love Magners (Irish hard cider) and other hard cider.
- When I had cable I loved watching WWE wrestling.
- I just started volunteering at a cat shelter that cares for cats with FIV.
- I love wave surfing at Lake MI.
- I’m starting to collect LPs again.
- Pearl Jam is my favorite musical group.
Instead of nominating 11 people, I am opening this up to anyone who wants to answer.
11 questions for you (anyone reading can answer)
- Pets or no pets? If pets, please do tell about them. If no pets, why not?
- What’s the farthest you’ve been from your home?
- What’s the funniest thing you ever saw?
- Who is your favorite comedian?
- What’s your favorite TV series, past or present?
- If you had a time machine and could go to only 3 places, where would they be and why?
- What do you consider your greatest skill?
- If you could be frozen in a cryogenic tank right now and wake up in 50 years, would you do it? Why or why not?
- If you had to choose between losing your hearing and losing your sight, which one would you choose to lose?
- What is your favorite fairy tale?
- What is one thing you hope to get for the holidays (if you celebrate where gifts are exchanged)?