#SoCS — Bash

on

stream-of-consciousness-saturday-2018-19

Linda G. Hill is the host of Stream of Consciousness Saturday. Linda says:

Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “abash/a bash/bash.” Use “abash,” or “bash” as a noun or a verb. Bonus points if you manage all three. Have fun!

Here we go with SoC. Monster Mash, it was a graveyard smash, is there a bash in the monster mash? Why yes, isn’t a monster mash a bash? It did catch on in a flash. Remembering how much us kids loved this song when it came on the radio.

Gallagher, remember him when he bashed the watermelon with the sledgehammer or whatever it was? It was so daring back in those days. People would pay good money to get splashed with the melon when he bashed it. I think he added other fruits and vegetables to his show at some point.

Bashful, trying to think of a bashful celebrity. It kind of goes against acting to be bashful as actors want to be seen. They can play roles of being bashful. One who comes to mind is Jim Nabors, as Gomer Pyle. He was such a sweet character and was always so humble.

Another bashful character I remember was Flower, the skunk, in Bambi. We saw the movie at the theater, but we also had the album, which we probably about wore the grooves off of. I still remember the line, “He can call me Flower if he wants to.” and that shy little sound he made. Such a priceless thing for a small child to hear, especially one who was on the shy side herself in many cases.

OK that’s all I got! Until next time.

Covered all the versions of bash and bashful. 👍😉

2. Fandango says:

“OK that’s all I got!” You got the goods. Unabashedly So!

3. Don’t forget Bashful, one of the seven dwarfs 🙂

omg how could I have forgotten that little cutie 🙂

4. J-Dub says:

Such a sweet scene. I’m still smiling. Happy Saturday

Glad it made you smile, J 🙂

1. J-Dub says:

Yay! Makes my day!

5. John Holton says:

Whatever happened to Gallagher? It’s like he dropped off the face of the earth.

Good question. He probably got bursitis and quit.

6. I actually liked that song Purple People Eater better than Monster Mash.

We loved that one too.

7. ghostmmnc says:

Purple People Eater! Such a fun song!
    I used to love watching Gallagher! He had that huge couch, and would be on roller skates at times, too. 🙂

8. Jules says:

That was a lovely unabashed stroll down memory lane. I enjoyed all the references –
    especially about being quiet and shy. Tough I’ve bashed or banished that fear long ago so that now I’m more outspoken than bashful. 🙂

So glad you banished it. I’m fairly outspoken also, as it was expected for my job. It does feel good to be heard as if you’re heard people can get to know who you are.

1. Jules says:

I think I’ve always been a good listener… so often folks would be expecting me to listen that they wouldn’t listen to me. Frustrating. But now, I try to think before I speak, but I am not afraid to say what I think. 🙂

9. JoAnna says:

I like the monster song, but never liked the waste of a good watermelon. Bambi on the other hand is always comfy cozy.