Gizmo

on

GERMANY-ANIMALS-SPIXS MACAW

image link

Fandango’s FOWC is fool, the Word of the Day Challenge is down, Paula’s 3 Things Challenge words are gizmo, champion, parrot , and Teresa’s Story Starter Challenge phrase is “Are you a spy?”

Gizmo, my Grand Champion Royal Amazonian Blue Striped Macaw Parrot was many things, but he was no fool. As Gizmo’s cage was near the front window of the parlor, he’d seen Mr. Miniver, Top Secret Undercover Agent, walk past the house many times, then disappear halfway down the street, into the alley – then watched me put on a trenchcoat like the one Miniver wore and leave within minutes.

After watching this scenario play itself out ten times or so, Gizmo put two and two together. When I returned to the house after the tenth time, Gizmo asked, “Are you a spy?”

I’m sad to say, drastic measures had to be taken, and poor Gizmo now sleeps with the fishes in the basement’s deep freeze.

On second thought, maybe he was. A fool, that is.  He shoulda kept his beak shut.

Note:  no animals were harmed in the writing of this fictional story.

1. jeremyjames says:

Nice end..hehe

Good one 👍😊

Thanks Sadje 🙂

You’re welcome 😉

3. Oh, Poor Gizmo! Great tale though. 🙂

🙂 I adapted the joke of the swearing parrot and made it into my story. I’m guessing you’ve heard that joke?

1. I’m not sure I have… 🙂

OK here it is. A guy goes to a store looking to buy a parrot. He sees one, and it’s even marked down in price. The guy learns that the parrot has a terrible habit of swearing once he gets it home. He does his best to re-train the parrot, but the day he swore up a storm when the minister was over for coffee was too much for him to bear. When the minister left, the man took the parrot and threw him in the deep freeze in the basement for 10 minutes. Miraculously, the parrot stopped swearing after that. The man was amazed and happy. A few weeks later, as the man sat at his kitchen table, sipping a cup of coffee and reading the paper, the parrot asked, “Just curious, but what did the chicken do?”

1. Haha, I hadn’t heard that one. 🙂

Yes it is. This type of bird was thought to be extinct, but they recently saw some out in the jungle.

4. Buahahahaha… A bird-brain was what Gizmo had after all!

5. badfinger20 says:

I like the dark turn…

My darkness is like a black hole, so I have to be very careful not to go overboard with it.

1. badfinger20 says:

I wonder about myself. If something is too goody goody it tends to bore me. I know what you mean though.

It’s like a hazardous waste site for me. I can’t turn it all loose at once, or it would contaminate the whole environment. Hoping you understand. I’ve got a lifetime of toxic waste stored up inside 😦

1. badfinger20 says:

I get it completely. I have to watch my dark sense of humor and everything that goes with it.

I’m glad you understand. Staying vigilant is what works for me. The genie came out of the bottle with my bf and that’s why I stay single. I never want to go to that place again.

1. badfinger20 says:

Yea it’s best to keep it under control to be the better person. I have to watch it at work…just rage at times but I can’t show it.

Writing every day has been immensely helpful for me to stay calm. It does get that dark energy out a little at a time. By the time I’m 100 I’ll be ready to step through the pearly gates 😉

1. badfinger20 says:

You will make it! Playing music is an outlet for me…Is that guitar still sitting there? It would be good therapy I promise…

Yes it is. I should haul it out and clear the dust out of it… You and your cousin still practicing?

2. badfinger20 says:

Yes… the guys came down around two weeks ago and we played. I’m just picking at you kinda…it does help. It’s like painting or writing I would think…an outlet for emotion

Sorry I went to watch a movie last night (The Third Man) then fell asleep and didn’t watch it. No, I appreciate you picking at me 🙂

4. badfinger20 says:

I love that movie! I went to sleep not long after…

I’ll catch up on your blogs slowly but surely.

It sure looks like it’s going to be good. It is a Criterion Collection disc so it has an intro by another director (forgot name sorry) that talks about the b&w noir aspect, the cast, and the director. I did see all of that part and up through the scene at the cemetery, but that’s as far as I got. Looking forward to watching it tonight. Why doesn’t it surprise me that you’ve seen it?

6. badfinger20 says:

lol…I’m a fan of Orson Welles.
                      Another movie by him called “A Touch of Evil” is wonderful also. The opening scene was shot continuous with no cut aways… and it’s great. I wonder how many takes they did. One of the best opening shots from any movie. You can see just the opening on Youtube.

I bet I can get it from the library…

8. badfinger20 says: