I’m all right…

caddyshack

image link

The Word of the Day Challenge is reminiscent, Paula’s 3 Things Challenge Words are sugar, certificate, golf , and Teresa’s Story Starter Challenge phrase is “I caught the mole!”

Bill Murray, who now drinks at the local neighborhood tavern, has to watch his sugar, so he only drinks unsweetened ice tea most of the time.  Bill still loves to reminiscent about his role in that golf movie where he played the groundskeeper who kept trying to get the varmint ruining the golf course. Although he never did catch the gopher laying waste to Bushwood Country Club in the film, when Bill decides to drink bourbon instead of unsweetened ice tea, he starts yelling, “I caught the mole!” “I caught the mole!” “I caught the mole!”

Caddyshack, the film being discussed here, deserves a certificate for being one of the funniest movies ever made.

1. badfinger20 says:

Great way to use the words.
    A classic…love Rodney Dangerfield and Ted Knight in this…and Bill and Chevy also of course.

Everybody is a winner in this movie. Every single one. I was looking at clips and laughing my butt off. Harold Ramis is a brilliant writer.

1. badfinger20 says:

Yes he was… I read where Knight and Dangerfield was pretty much close to that off screen.

I can believe it. What show was Knight on? I know he was an ass on that show.

1. badfinger20 says:

Mary Tyler Moore show…more of a buffoon… he was great on it though.
            That show was one of the best sitcoms ever.

Do you know how many years its been since seeing that show? Man. Was MTM in anything else or was that her claim to fame?

1. badfinger20 says:

The Dick Van Dyke Show… her in those Capri pants caused a stir in the 60s on that show. That show was huge.

In fact…on Mary Tyler Moore she was going to be divorced but the network said no…they would think she was divorced from Dick Van Dyke lol.

Oh right, I remember Dick Van Dyke Show. I have always liked him. He’s still going strong too. That’s so funny about the capri pants and her being a divorcee. Nowadays on tv if the couple is married it’s an anomaly!

1. badfinger20 says:

Isn’t that the truth lol.
                    She was stunning on that show…

A very good story. Amazing how you are fitting in so many prompts with ease.

I wouldn’t say with ease… Will be happy when A2Z is done. That’s sinkhole of time.

I would have attempted it but I knew with the grand babies on the way I wouldn’t have time.

That makes sense.

3. Time for me to watch it again. I love this movie, although I have seen it two dozen times and I needed a break. Caddy Shack and Animal House are my two favorite comedies.

They’re in my top 10. I think Harold Ramis wrote both of them. The man is a comedic genius!

4. calmkate says:

delightful use of the prompts as a fan of both Caddy’s Shack and Bill in particular you’ve pleased me! My favourite of his was and always will be “Razors Edge’, he was very young in that 🙂

Glad to have delighted you. I love his comedies. It’s been so long since Razor’s Edge I need to refresh my memory. My favorite serious role of his is The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

1. calmkate says:

not seen that one, one to add to my list thanks!