dVerse — story poem in senses — Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Image result for beatles played at the cavern

Mist of Aqua-Net

Sweet lips
Falling into
Brown eyes

Hand firm around waist
Warm breath
Sweet mouth
Hand leading towards shadows…

Sarah is today’s host of dVerse.  Sarah says:
I want you to write a poem that tells a story or shows a character just in the things they’ve sensed.  You can use your own experiences, or your imagination; you can keep it real or venture into the realms of fantasy; you can keep it past, present or future – the choice is yours.

graphic:  The Beatles, playing at The Cavern

Not all of the setting is factual.  The Fab 4 didn’t wear leather and neither did their fans.  Passion perfume didn’t hit the market until 1988 and not sure when Ban or Aqua-Net did.  I told this with The Cavern in mind but there was no good video footage of them performing there so I picked a youtube of them performing at the ABC Cinema in Manchester in 1963.  And of course, getting pulled up on stage by George, then led away is a pure fantasy of mine.

1. I love this mix of fantasy and real… both the anticipation with it’s onomatopoeia and the climax in the end… fun read.

🙂 Thanks, Bjorn. It was fun to write.

2. Sarah Connor says:

Wow! There was condensation dripping off the ceiling in that one! I love the combination of sensory stimuli and onomatopoeia.

Steamy is right. Thank you for the comment, Sarah and glad you enjoyed it. I told one of my buddies I’ll be going there once a time machine is designed.

3. kanzensakura says:

What a fun write! I was there jumping with you with my hair teased and sprayed with Aqua Net!

4. So delightful Lisa! One of my favorite bands ever.

Thanks, Linda. Their music stands the test of time. And can you tell, George is my favorite? I watched “Living in the Material World” by Scorcese a month or so ago and fell in love with them all over again.

1. I’ll have to check that out- thanks!

5. Frank Hubeny says:

Nice description, “Pheromone stew”, of what must have been a memorable concert.

Thanks, Frank!

Lucky find 🙂

6. Glenn A. Buttkus says:

From Sinatra’s bobby-soxers to Elvis’ adoring hordes, to the Beatles’ screaming girls–this manic hormone jam is/was fantastic. You nudged several senses on your FAB4ulous trip; thanks for taking us along.

Glenn love your term “manic hormone jam” and “FAB4ulous”. Glad you liked it.

7. Beverly Crawford says:

A fun read — and a grrrrreat fantasy!

Thanks, Beverly!

8. rivrvlogr says:

Ah, to have witnessed any of that!

If time machines are invented, it’s going to be a very busy place!

9. badfinger20 says:

They did wear leather…up until Mr. Epstein cleaned them up. In the Cavern and in Hamburg until…I want to say sometime in 62…one of their styles.
    If you get to go in that machine…make a good video for us.

they did???? Cool. I could have sworn I saw a pic of them all in leather somewhere but didn’t see any today. Maybe I have already been there? Isn’t that a twisty biscuit? If I do go (back) I will make a good video, promise.

1. badfinger20 says:

Yes they did so you were right to begin with!
        Ok… break the time travel rules and make it good.

Just google beatles in leather and you will get a bunch of hits. I would have sent a link but it would have sent me to spam prison

OK thanks I may amend my pictures.

Very well written

11. Well then! What a ride! 😉

🙂 I had a lot of fun with this one.

12. rothpoetry says:

They were just babies in this photo!! A very sensual poem of great variety! Well done Jade.

13. Gosh, unreal to see people going so mad about a band. I like the music…. but it is just music.

Back then it was a new kind of music which may have hyped it up more than usual. I would have been screaming and hysterical right along with them 🙂

14. kim881 says:

I was only seven in 1963, but I remember the first time I saw The Beatles on the television and being starstruck when my mother’s cousin told me she was running one of their many fan clubs. She also once danced with Ringo! From what I know, you’ve captured the atmosphere perfectly, Jade. The use of the repeated ‘click click click’ is very effective, as they were photographed constantly, and the short lines give the poem a very sixties flavour. I love the ending!

So cool you were that close by proxy (fan club and oh my dancing with Ringo!)
      Glad you enjoyed the trip down memory lane, Kim.

15. Your imagination soared with this one! – very impressive response to the prompt with all the nostalgic sights and sounds

Thanks, Laura!

You’ve caught the immediacy of this experience. Just right. (K)

🙂 yay yay yay! thanks

17. Xan says:

I still have the quarter that was given to me by a girl whose sister shook Ringo’s hand. Not even kidding.

So awesome! As I had to confirm George’s eyes were (dark) brown yesterday, I learned that Ringo was the only blue-eyed Beatle. Ringo seemed like the diplomat of the group. Cuter ‘n a bug’s ear also 🙂