What do you see? #3 — A Day at the Beach

Sadje is the host of What do you See?

Misty had spent the day in mid-July at the beach, on a blanket under an umbrella reading while the surf washed up against the shore with a calming shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound. At some point Misty must have dozed off. She began to dream that she was at the beach, on a blanket under an umbrella reading while the surf washed up against the shore with a calming shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound.

Misty awoke choking and gasping for air. While she was asleep, the tide came in and she was being washed away by the ocean. Thankfully she woke up in time to not drown and was also able to grab her possessions before they were carried to sea. It was the last time she laid her blanket so close to the water.

1. Paula Light says:

Hate when that happens! 🤣

2. badfinger20 says:

Lesson learned…almost the hard way

Good take on the Prompt. It is wise not to be too close to the water when in the beach. Thanks for joining in Li.

You’re welcome!

That’s some painting! Exactly like a rude awakening from a dream. (K)

5. Chris Hall says:

That made me smile 🙂 Similarly, but not quite so dramatically, I was reading a book, lying on my front on a beach somewhere in Greece. So engrossed was I that I didn’t notice the tide was coming in until a little wave washed under me, all the way up to my chin. Fortunately the book remained unharmed.

I’ve done it too, in FL on the Gulf Coast. It comes in fast!