Carpe Diem Haiku Kai #1845 Troiku Challenge: Summertime — At the lakeshore

at the seashore
wind of summer through my hair
the shortest night

at the seashore
toes dug deep in wet sand
campfire smoke on breeze

wind of summer through
my hair, stringy and wet;
tired from wavejumps

the shortest night —
lie in the long sunset; entwined
on fuzzy blanket

top photo: “Stormy Sleeping Bear Sunset,” by  on July 28, 2015

Kristjaan is the host of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.  Kristjaan says:
I have chosen the theme Summertime for this Troiku Challenge, because here in The Netherlands we have a very warm, say hot, time with temperatures rising above 30 degrees Celsius, so yes it is Summertime here.

Summertime: Sun bathing, warm weather, heatwave, beaches and more to associate with Summertime. But for this episode it’s just a haiku written by me, your host, to work with.

at the seashore
wind of summer through my hair
the shortest night

1. I could do with being on that beach right now. 😍
    It’s perfect!

Yes it is, thank you, Gia 🙂

Such vivid scene portrayals. Lovely poem Li

Sadje, thank you very much.

You’re welcome

3. Such a lovely imagery, Li. It felt like I was at the beach. Beautifully written

Thank you and glad you immersed yourself in it, Shweta 🙂

1. You’re very welcome, Li

That’s a place I’d like to be right now…(k)

5. janicead says:

So many vivid sensations to experience in your troiku on summer seashores!

6. Tournesol says:

Such a beautiful series you’ve created!! That last haiku is simply stunning!

I would love to be there…we might be going in October….well to a beach.

Awesome, Max! Glad you are getting a vacation. Michigan is so beautiful at this time of year. One year you all should come here for a vaca.

I wouldn’t mind at all. I always wanted to go to that Christmas place there…I forgot what it’s called.

Frankenmuth. I went there once and once seen never forgotten. That’s inland, fyi.

Oh ok…I didn’t know that. Michigan is huge

Actually I just looked on a map and see it is close to the east side of the state but the beaches there are not sugar sand. It looks like a pretty straight drive north from Nashville. I bet you could get there in a day or less! You and Jen should do a weekend trip there and spend the night.

Next year we do plan to do more traveling. We have most of our bills paid off then…not the house but the biggest of the bills…it will give us more room to travel.