Doodads — bike ride today

Bike ride stats:
10.83 miles
1 hour 40 minutes
6.5 avg. mph
246.4 elevation gain in feet

20220529_150334
a local bridge that has been unusable for almost 2 years is finally open again. this is a major shortcut for me to get to the bike trail.
resized fenner road bridge repair side 052922
a close-up of the repair. the water looks icky!

resized snowball bush hedge 052922
I took this pic for you, Max, because I know you and Jen like snowball bushes. This is a whole hedge of them.

Honeysuckle bushes along the bike trail.

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

I love the snowball bushes!
    This is Jennifer, this is so awesome thanks for sending that special picture and for thinking of us life brings us sunshine through friends.

❤ Happy to bring a smile to your face, Jennifer. You are very welcome.

2. I miss being able to ride my bike. I really don’t know if my knees could handle more than a ride around the block…. Lol

Beautiful sights on your ride .

Keith, you know they have e-bikes now. You can rent them at a lot of places for an hour or two at a time. Glad you enjoyed the sights 🙂

3. Beautiful pics, Lisa. Looks like you had a great day.

After having been largely holed up in my house due a health situation, I finally got to spend some time outside. I took the opportunity to scale my roof to do some needed cleaning there. I survived! 🙂

Christian, that sounds like a real adventure. Glad you like the pics from the ride today 🙂

That’s quite a ride! I love how green everything is. It’s like that here too. (K)

It is amazing out right now. Hoping to put a lot of miles on the bike this season. Happy you are enjoying your place in the world, Kerfe.

Nature keeps me sane.

5. Bravo and thanks for the slow pan around the honeysuckle – my allergies kicked in just watching it 🙂

Thanks, Peter! My pleasure. I actually think it was the honeysuckle that was giving me breathing issues on the ride. They smell so pretty though!

6. selizabryangmailcom says:

Props, Lisa! On Monday we decided to do a bike ride Tuesday morning. By the end of Monday, that plan was in the trash. Just weren’t feelin’ it! So props to you for getting up and doing it, whether you wanted to or not. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Stacey, once I get past the resistance barrier, I’m always glad I did. Today is a lot cooler (in the 60s) than it has been, which means I need to get out there. I hope you do get rolling soon!

1. selizabryangmailcom says:

Yeah, that’s perfect: the Resistance Barrier. Must. Get. Past. R.B., lol !!

❤ please take pics when you get past! Can't wait to see them.

1. selizabryangmailcom says:

I have pics from more than ten years ago when we summited Mt. Whitney, but we can’t upload pics here, can we…?

Stacey, I think it depends on what kind of account you have? I’ve always been able to upload pics. Create new post, click white “plus” on black background and choose classic, click just below where it says “Classic” and you’ll see some icons. There is one that looks like part camera part musical note. Click on that. It will open up a gallery of your already used images. Click on “add new” and it will open up your computer’s image files. You can find them in there and click on them, one at a time or highlight them all, then click on “insert” at the bottom of the page. They will show up in your doc that way. You can edit the pics once inserted, add captions, etc. Hope that helps. Let me know. That said, “summited Mt. Whitney”????? Oh yeah, I want to see those pics!

1. selizabryangmailcom says:

Oh, yeah, you mean like in our own personal spaces, right? I know how to do that. I meant here, like I can’t drop and drag a pic into the “reply” box; it won’t let me. I GUESS I could do a small post on what it was like to summit Mt. Whitney….and try not to bore people, haha. But thanks! Yeah, it was an accomplishment. Never would have done it, probably, if hubby hadn’t suggested it. He suggests everything. We also hiked down to the Colorado and back up in Grand Canyon. Lucky we did it when we could. Now with his health issues, we could never do that again. 😦

Ah, ok. I know it can be done but not sure how to do it. I’ve looked at the CO from the lip of the GC but never went down into it. So sorry to hear your hub has health issues.

7. Dave says:

Nice photos and congrats to you for getting out there and being active. I’m always surprised by how much many of your photos look like my old stomping grounds in Ontario, though obviously, they really aren’t far apart geographically so it shouldn’t be a surprise. Pink lady’s slippers?! Very nice. We had white and yellow ones in the Toronto area, but they were rare. I knew of a couple of good clumps and at one time had great photos of them

Dave, you’re right, here and Ontario aren’t that far away and are at close to the same latitude. With rare flowers, once I see them I always remember where they are — but I never reveal their whereabouts to others. I’ve never seen white and yellow ones! These looked even darker than pink, closer to red. I may get brave enough to ask the landowner if I can get a closeup of them. Another “rare bird” which is an actual bird that has been hanging around here lately is a brown thrasher. Always alone. Such a pretty bird but hard to get a good pic of. Oh, also I have 2 nesting pairs of bluebirds this year. The triller took over 1 box but the bluebirds have two.

8. selizabryangmailcom says:

Thanks, Li. Just to offset any concern, it’s not fatal or anything. I did a post on his having a pituitary tumor removed several years ago. Surgery was successful, but his energy levels are fragile now. After that kind of surgery there’s an adrenal issue. Still working on bringing them back, little by little. He’s gotten a little better, too! But never the same. Oh, well. Could be worse!!! 🙂