Midnight Shake — with Radiohead, Richard Grannon, and Triggernometry

on

one thin carbon thread turns and wiggles a world
a three-dimensional paradise, where we perceive
in infinitely re-looped elemental structures that we
experience in six senses and beyond; but we don’t
appreciate them enough to cherish each and every
bit to a compelling urgency to stop the clock ticking
to midnight. how much insult and injury is she sup-
posed to take before she says fuck this, it’s time for
me to give this etch-a-sketch a shake.

Thank you to Paul Vincent Cannon with his poem, I Didn’t Get the Memo and Brendan with his poem, The Smooth Stones of Abyss, for inspiring me to write this one.

Reckoner
You can’t take it with you
Dancing for your pleasure

You are not to blame for
Bittersweet distractor
Dare not speak its name
Dedicated to all you
All human beings

Because we separate
Like ripples on a blank shore
Because we separate (In rainbows)
Like ripples on a blank shore (In rainbows)
Reckoner
Take me with you
Dedicated to all you
All human beings

Written by: Greenwood Colin Charles, Greenwood Jonathan Richard Guy, O Brien Edward John, Selway Philip James, Yorke Thomas Edward
Album: In Rainbows
Released: 2007

REAL TALK with Richard Grannon:

top image link

1. A great breathless hurrying ranting sentence (or two) – and what a kicker at the last. Thanks also for the tunes – I read somewhere that it’s been 25 years since OK Computer – I remember taking it out of it’s sleeve and puttin on the old stereo-phone for the first time…🙂

Peter, glad it resonated with you. I was late to the Radiohead game but when I did — with OK Computer — I never looked back. So cool you were there in the beginning with them. Oh wow had forgotten that was their 3rd, but was reminded when I went to wiki to see their discography. Whether it was the first or the third, very cool you were there right at its release to listen.

1. (I’m feeling so old…🙂)

The etch-a-sketch–that’s perfect. We deserve to be erased. (K)

Yes we do. I see it in the microcosm all the way out.

How are you holding up? This is a difficult transition.

As long as I stay busy, I’m fine. Thank you for asking, Kerfe. BTW I got my POPO list. Due to all that’s been happening since April, I decided to buy postcards (which should get here today or tomorrow) and focus on the poetry.

That seems like a good idea. I’m about 2/3 of the way through making mine. I should just work on them all year I think. It’s easy enough to fit one in while I’m working on another collage.
            Stay busy!
            (K)

I went out and listened to live jazz music outdoors tonight. Jazz is a good cure all for just about anything. That and vodka.

3. Brendna says:

Speaks perfectly for the creative life: Endless possibilities erased and begun anew tomorrow.

I like the way you see it, Brendan.