POPO2022 — Day 1 — mushrooms

subterranean networks
flip night into day

transition’s castle
marches on yesterday’s grist
to mill today’s bread

1. I love mushrooms – the ones that aren’t poisonous! 🙂

lol I’m glad you do, and those sneaky little buggers aren’t real forthcoming about whether or not they are!

1. When you collect them yourself, you really need to know what you’re doing – especially when you are in need of new glasses! 🙂

I love mushrooms too. A lovely poem Li.

Thank you, Sadje!

You’re most welcome

3. Badfinger (Max) says:

I love mushrooms…they have an aura about them that I just love. That is one of the reasons I like the Allman Brothers so much…perfect for their logo…but a different kind of mushroom lol.

🙂 We couldn’t exist without them. They break down dead stuff. If they didn’t we’d be crawling through decomposing matter! I do think they have their uses in the Allman Brothers kind of way also. Humans (and some animals, I think I read!) have been using them for thousands of years for visions. I wonder how many of our myths and/or fairy tales are based on ‘shroom trips?

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

I agree… I’ve always thought Lewis Carroll used them for Alice In Wonderland. I went behind our church on break one day and there is a small spot near a tree full of mushrooms…it looked like a small forest… almost like a shadowbox…just a cool nature creation.

4. Reblogged this on Frank J. Tassone and commented:
    #Haiku Happenings #5: Jade Li’s latest #troiku!

I like the idea of the caps nodding. Great, both poem and postcard. (K)

Thank you 🙂 The postcards were bought, sight unseen, at a cheap price. It was a gamble that was at times quite challenging, but I got through it!

In a way, I like that as part of the challenge. I have accumulated so many postcards, I could just draw them out blind and see what happens. It’s a thought.

It’s a fun way to do it, IF you have a decent set of postcards. These were OK but there were too many of some kinds. Mushrooms, for example. I like mushrooms, but trying to come up with 10 mushroom troikus wasn’t possible for me. Thankfully there were twice as many cards as I needed so it wasn’t necessary.