I am privileged to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Kristian, blogger extraordinaire, at:
Please check out Kristian’s blog, as he’s always got something good cookin’ there.
Thank you for your nomination!
The rules are:
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to them.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
Kristian asked me:
- Do you like Halloween?
- What method of murder do you most like to see in films/movies?
- Horror or Comedy?
- What’s your favourite thing to do with a pumpkin?
- If you could choose between ruling the world or living in paradise which would you choose?
- What human trait do you like the most?
- Which human trait do you dislike the most?
- If we discovered an inhabitable planet and had the option to start a new life there, would you?
- Do you believe in ghosts? If yes, have you had an experience you’d like to share?
- Have you ever had a recurring Nightmare? Share it with us, if so.
- If you had to remove either Halloween or Christmas from the calendar so no one could celebrate it ever again, which would you choose?
- I not only like Halloween, I love it. It’s set at the best time of year, when summer season has had a chance to slow down and the air is crisp at night. Halloween is a time where imaginations can run wild and you have a chance to dress up as anyone or anything you choose. Most of the year, we are supposed to be “good”, but with Halloween, you can inhabit within your costume as evil of a character as you want. It’s also a great time for gender-bending out of the closet!
- Hmmmm so many methods so little time…. I remember an old Hammer film from years ago where Christopher Lee was Dracula and Peter Cushing was Professor VanHelsing. They were fighting it out in a church and VanHelsing was confident that when he threw holy water on Dracula he’d win the fight. I think he tried a couple other methods also, possibly the stake and opening the curtains, but Dracula just laughed at him. VanHelsing won in the end but I forgot how. So… I guess the method is one where you’ve tried all of the usual methods and they’ve been found ineffective so you have to improvise.
- Both horror and comedy but that said, I’m picky about both. With horror, gratuitous graphic images are totally out. Psychological horror, where a person is trapped by a maniac, or some cult-like plot is set in motion, is in. I also really love the old Hammer films, which are cheesy horror and not too scary. With comedy, sight gags that aren’t too malicious or prurient.
- Make Pie! Pumpkin muffins are also good.
- Living in Paradise, but I’d always have that looking over my shoulder thing going on as the rulers of the world are always trying to steal paradise from others.
- Trustworthiness. If I can’t trust you, what good are you?
- Insincerity. Trait of climbers, politicians, players, etc.
- If I could get my adult children and their significant others to go along, sure!
- I believe in ghosts, but I also believe that there needs to be your permission to allow them through the portal between their world and ours. I’ve had two experiences, one unseen but heard, and one where a deceased relative showed up in a picture I took. Also felt some strange vibes at a nearby cemetery that I had been told was haunted, and later pictures showed quite the constellation of orbs glommed onto things in and near the cemetery.
- I have a recurring dream theme, but no recurring nightmares.
- What Christmas has devolved into, which is a consumerist nightmare that lasts for a month leading up to it, the answer is easy: Christmas! Let Halloween be Queen!
To those I have nominated, my questions for you:
- If you could have your dream job, what would it be and why?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- How did you start writing?
- Who is your favorite villain?
- Who is your favorite hero(ine)?
- Lake or ocean?
- If you could build a charity of your choice, who would it serve and what would it look like?
- One World or each country retains its unique cultural footprint?
- Camping or posh hotel?
- If you could give one piece of wisdom to someone, what would it be?
OK, My nominees are:
The Used Life
George at Zoolon Hub
Jan Beek: Loving One Another
The Poetry and Prose of Barbara Huntington
Richard at Photosociology
Julia at Art on Jasper Lane
Eloise at Telling the Truth
Frank Prem Poetry
Sunil at Train Today to Reap Tomorrow
Nominees, there is no pressure to do this, so if you’d rather not, then fine.
I apologize if any of you are ‘non-award’ sites and I just haven’t noticed….