Jordy’s Streamings has nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Thank you, Jordy, for nominating me! Please check out Jordy’s blog.
Good questions, Jordy. They made me put my thinking cap on.
Here are the RULES :
1. Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 questions that blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
5. Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
Questions asked by Jordy:
- What are you most passionate about?
The welfare of the most vulnerable among us. Women and children (and men) not being victims. This includes exploitation in any form, including labor.
- What is one thing you would like people to know about you that is not so obvious?
I haven’t owned a clothes dryer in over 5 years. I use solar drying and it works just fine.
- What are three of your favorite pastimes?
Reading, writing, arithmetic (no not arithmetic) bicycling.
- Who is your favorite author?
Chuck Palahniuk. He tells THE most interesting stories from his beautiful, dark mind that are also political statements.
- What is your favorite reading genre?
- Why is it your favorite?
I love stories that flip the script, that spark another way of looking at something that you’ve either taken for granted or have been brainwashed into seeing in a certain way.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
Write from your heart, use the pages that have prompts to find others and let others find you, and keep it fun for yourself – don’t put pressure on yourself to do it all.
- What two items on your bucket list might you do next year?
Travel to Jungle Jim’s International Market
Visit The Peony Garden at the Nichols Arboretum at the U of MI in Ann Arbor, MI
- What is something you have always wanted to say to a loved one who has passed?
To my dad, I’m sorry I didn’t do more to help you.
- Who do you admire that is historically famous and why?
Gertrude Stein, who isn’t a household name by any stretch, but she is historically famous. I admire her because she was her own person. She was openly lesbian and had a faithful partner. She was a poetess, and she drew other artists to her like a moth to the flame. I don’t know much about her beyond that, but that’s enough for me!
- When was the first time you really got scolded by your parents?
The first time in memory is at about age 5, when the neighbor lady the next block down came to my house to tell my mom I had ripped her son’s shirt off of him. I’m not sure what he said that ticked me off, but there ya go.
Random thoughts about me. (taken from another nomination from a few days ago)
- I have a 30 gallon aquarium with freshwater tropical fish.
- I love to play Scrabble and strategy board games. I’m good at Scrabble and getting better at the strategy board games.
- Chuck Palahniuk is my favorite author.
- I come from a blended family of 5 brothers and 1 sister. I’m oldest.
- I make kombucha, sourdough bread, and yogurt (fermented foods).
- I love Magners (Irish hard cider) and other hard cider.
- When I had cable I loved watching WWE wrestling.
- I just started volunteering at a cat shelter that cares for cats with FIV.
- I love wave surfing at Lake MI.
- I’m starting to collect LPs again.
- Pearl Jam is my favorite musical group.
My Questions for others (taken from another nomination response a few days ago):
Who is your favorite actress? What’s your favorite movie she is in?
Who is your favorite actor? What’s your favorite movie he is in?
Who is your hero(ine)?
If you could live anywhere (and your family wanted to go with you and you could afford it), where would you live?
What’s your fondest memory from childhood?
What’s your fondest memory from adulthood?
If you could meet one celebrity who would it be?
Cake or pie?
What’s your favorite kind of tree?
Coat or layers?
If you could be one person for a day, who would you be and what would you do?
I nominate anyone who cares to participate. It’s a good way to let others know who you are and a chance to think about what you want to know about your blogmates.