#SLS Coconut

song lyric sunday

Helen, hoping you feel better soon.

Jim is graciously hosting Helen Vahdati’s Song Lyric Sunday, with the prompt of doctor/health/medicine.  Immediately I thought of this song by Harry Nilsson, from 1971.  Usually I don’t like songs that endlessly repeat, but for this song, it is sung almost as a mantra for health.  That said, Harry, who was born in 1941, was to reach only 1994 before passing.

1. This is such a great song, I love it. Great pick!

did it show up at your page? I thought I linked it but don’t see it in the comments?

1. No your pingback did not show up on my post Guest Host, but it should have as I just tested your link on the word Jim.

2. I just added a pingback for your post.

3. Wow! What an oldie! We sang this one the playground! 🙂

I remember babysitting all that summer for a little girl down the street the summer this played. Babysat all day for the girl, then, when my mom went to work at night, watched all my sibs. It’s a fun song. How can you feel sad with this song playing and signing along to it ❤

4. J-Dub says:

Yaaassss!!!! I remember this oldie but goodie. Glad you picked it!!!

🙂 I’m glad you’re glad.

5. Marleen says:

Best pick!

Thanks Marleen!

6. ghostmmnc says:

Great song! Love it, and we still use that phrase all the time…put the lime in the coconut and sing it at random times. haha 🙂

It is one of those songs you never forget. Nilsson had a lot of those kinds of songs ❤