Apologies to several people who commented

I was unaware there was a spam folder on WP until today, when someone asked me if I had blocked them.  I wasn’t sure what was going on and so looked in the settings; what did I find but 50 blocked messages, half of them spam/junk, but the other 25 from various people.  There were 2 main people being blocked:  Sadje and Rob Kistner.  I do very much apologize for not knowing about the spam folder on here.  I missed a lot of great comments from you all!  I have blocked nobody on here.  If you aren’t getting any acknowledgement from me at any time, let me know, as one of you did today.

1. cagedunn says:

I have to remember to keep checking that dark and dastardly hole …

Why didn’t I know this place had a dungeon?

1. cagedunn says:

Every place, every where, there be the underground ways, the hidden depths, the other path …
        Sorry, but writers do bad things with words, can’t help it (I’m busy procrastinating, so easily distracted).

your distraction, my gain of an esoteric comment from you

2. Don’t worry about it, people I follow and exchange regular comments with sometimes end up in the spam folder for no apparent reason :O) x

well that’s good/bad to know 😦 guess i will have to do regular checks of it

1. Unfortunately yes, it’s a real pain 😕

It happens. I also found comments from my regular readers there. No worries. I also check it from time to time. 😉

I’m glad you understand.

Absolutely. 😉👍

4. aguycalledbloke says:

I check that bloody thing every day, l have almost 100 spam shiters in there, thankfully not many actual real comments. Britchy pointed this little gem out in a post last year and l am thankful that she did.

WordPress only allow you a certain amount of comments per day l thought it had changed, but looks like that ‘s a no. So the people who are blocked is an unfair justice because they comment on a lot of posts and therefore are considered spammers by the RNG of WP.

By the way l have tagged you for Tell the Story

Thanks for the tag, Rory. I just saved the image and it showed up as Krampus. Hideous! Thank you the info on that spam folder. Aggravating!

1. aguycalledbloke says:

Yes it is, very much so, as well as somewhat defeatest. WordPress want us to be a community and yet don’t like us commenting too many times …of that makes sense WP … did l hide my sarcasm well 🙂

Is this on a particular person’s blog or a total across all? I keep getting put into the folder of one person I “chat” with on here which makes me wonder. Maybe they don’t want WP used as a chat program?

1. aguycalledbloke says:

I don’t know, but it’s something l have asked myself of late.

I have found, that by not commenting a lot l tend to not always end up in people’s folders though. Now ironically, as you know one of my biggest personal flaws is that l don’t comment a lot on posts, But even with the minimal commenting l used to do l ended up in the folders of people, so l don’t honestly know how it works?

If you comment a lot you run the chance of being RNG’d into spam, if you don’t only sometimes do you end up in spam, so who knows how it works?

2. aguycalledbloke says:

I read somewhere that if you made more than 20 comments a day you might be classed as a spammer, l don’t know if that includes providing links to either other bloggers or posts, l don’t honestly know.

3. aguycalledbloke says:

All l know is that religiously every day l check two sections in my comments section – spam and pending, to see if l have missed anything. I see a whole lot of very specific troll shit or spam crap in my spam folder by what and whom l class as genuine spammers, and occasionally l see a genuine comment sitting there.

I just finished the “tell the story” hope you enjoy it.

1. aguycalledbloke says:

Very, very much so 🙂

5. I had the same thing happen. I found mostly gobbledegook in there, but also, randomly comments from people who I regularly chat to. 🙂

It’s a flaw in the system…

6. I sent you a note yesterday through your contact form. Did you receive it Lisa?

Yes, Christine 🙂 I emailed you back yesterday. Looks like you didn’t get it?

1. No I didn’t see it 🙂 I’ll look again. Thanks Lisa

7. It happens surprisingly regularly.

yes, I have had 4 more in the folder since clearing the 50 out 😦

8. That spam folder is weird. I never (almost never) get any spam because I’ve opted for ‘no search engines to find me’ which seems to filter them out. However, time to time the stupid thing goes overboard and people who have responded to my blog for years will end up there. It pays to look at it time to time, just to make sure. Sorry you had to go through that, but no trial without growth, right? 🙂

Thanks for your comments and yes it is a learning experience 🙂