Coloring Club Plus — 2/14/19

2-14.jpg

Happy Valentine’s Day All. This song has simple lyrics and a beautiful melody to it. Norah Jones’ voice is perfect for it. I usually don’t add parents info on the musicians but I was surprised to learn that Norah is the daughter of Indian musician Ravi Shankar.

Per wikipedia: Come Away with Me is the debut studio album by American recording artist Norah Jones, released on February 26, 2002 by Blue Note Records… Come Away with Me peaked at number one on the US Billboard 200, and received Grammy Awards for Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album. It was later certified diamond by the RIAA on February 15, 2005 for shipments of over ten million copies in the United States, and has sold over 27 million copies worldwide as of 2016… Guitarist Jesse Harris wrote the hit “Don’t Know Why”.

Don’t Know Why

I waited ’til I saw the sun
I don’t know why I didn’t come
I left you by the house of fun
I don’t know why I didn’t come
I don’t know why I didn’t come

When I saw the break of day
I wished that I could fly away
Instead of kneeling in the sand
Catching teardrops in my hand

My heart is drenched in wine
But you’ll be on my mind
Forever

Out across the endless sea
I would die in ecstasy
But I’ll be a bag of bones
Driving down the road alone

My heart is drenched in wine
But you’ll be on my mind
Forever

Something has to make you run
I don’t know why I didn’t come
I feel as empty as a drum
I don’t know why I didn’t come
I don’t know why I didn’t come

1. hanspostcard says:

I don’t think she had a particularly close relationship with her famous – one of the 5th Beatles- father-from what I recall. Love her first album.

That’s too bad, being that she, as a musician, could probably learn a lot from him!

You can probably see the girl’s face is messed up. I used the gel pen for outlining their faces and when I went to color them in with crayons it wasn’t pretty. I had to use correct-tape over it and try to redraw her mouth. After correct-tape surgery she looks better…

1. Paula Light says:

Plastic surgery! Actually tbh I meant the song. I didn’t biggify the coloring but it looked fine at a distance.

Great, I was too tired to color another picture last night. Glad to hear it looks ok. The song has sentimental attachment for me, which it’s better not to think about most of the time. Today though…

2. badfinger20 says:

The picture flashed back memories of the Bugaloos

Never saw the show but I just googled it and see why it would. The coloring book I have only has those kinds of “bugaloos” in it.

3. pvcann says:

Love the innocence of the art work, just adore Nora Jones

Yes, I feel innocent when I’m coloring so I get a daily dose of it to counteract the rest…