Coloring Club Plus — 2/25/19

Feb 25

Feb 25a

With the creative drawings in this coloring book, I’m going to try to find songs that fit the drawings. Today is the first try. We’ll see how it goes…

Wikipedia says: Luck of the Draw is the eleventh album by Bonnie Raitt, released in 1991. The album surpassed Nick of Time’s commercial success, having sold seven million copies in the United States alone by 2010, and was supported by a 180-date tour from 1991 to 1993. It replicated much of her U.S. success overseas as well, selling two million in France and Italy[citation needed]. It remains Raitt’s biggest-selling recording to date. “Slow Ride” written by Bonnie Hayes, Larry John McNally, and André Pessis.

Feels like nothin’ happens fast enough
Well maybe I just want too much
But when something’s wrong between us, baby
Nothin’ feels right

I think it’s time we cleared the air
Take a long drive far away somewhere
Tell me everything you feel inside
We got nothin’ but time

Slide over, baby
Here by my side
I want to take you on a slow ride
Your history shows on your face
Yeah, you’ve been hurt you’ve been betrayed
Now we can’t change the past, but we can
We can leave it behind

We’ll forget about tomorrow, baby
We’ll just steal away into the night
And we’ll just be two shadows, darlin’
In the dashboard light

Slide over, baby
Here by my side
I want to take you on a slow ride
On a slow ride

Songwriters: Bonnie M. Hayes / Andre Pessis/ Larry John McNally

1. badfinger20 says:

I had this album…good song… love the magic carpets.

What happened to your album? I have 4 of her CDs, all good, but this one and Nick of Time are my favorites. Glad you liked the carpets 🙂

1. badfinger20 says:

Moving…many times. I had it in the early ninties during my lone wolf days lol.

2. love the carpets. I haven’t heard that song before, don’t know how I missed it but thanks! 😉

3. pvcann says:

Yes, love those free carpets wafting, love Raitt too.

I tried to match the song with the picture and imagined taking a slow ride around on a magic carpet 🙂

1. pvcann says: