Coloring Club Plus — 3/19/19

Mar 19

Mar 19a

I was trying to think of an appropriate song for today. One that would speak to the mass shooting a long way from here, in NZ, but close for so many of the writers and readers on Word Press. We in the US have seen it become almost commonplace here. It sorrows me to see the violence spreading. Disturbed minds do disturbing things.

The Dark Side of the Moon is the eighth studio album by English rock band Pink Floyd, released on 1 March 1973 by Harvest Records. “Brain Damage” looks at a mental illness resulting from the elevation of fame and success above the needs of the self; in particular, the line “and if the band you’re in starts playing different tunes” reflects the mental breakdown of former bandmate Syd Barrett.

The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path

The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon

The lunatic is in my head
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me ’til I’m sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There’s someone in my head but it’s not me

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you’re in starts playing different tunes
I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon

Songwriters: George Roger Waters

1. Wow, creepy appropriate, the skull and the song. I am so saddened by the violence in NZ all the more because shocking for it’s rarity. I truly hope it remains so. ~Peace my friend.

Thank you JP, it is very sad.

2. ghostmmnc says:

I like the skull coloring! 🙂
    So much tragedy happening around the world. 😦

It is very concerning how the violence is spreading out across the globe.

3. badfinger20 says:

Looks like it came out of the Grateful Dead coloring book!

lol There are some doozies in these books. I just ordered one with more owls and a bigger pack of colored pencils. I went to office supply store today and looked at them. For a pack of 72 they want $100!!!!!! I ordered some online; 120 different colors for $20. No wonder why people turn to online shopping…

1. badfinger20 says:

100 dollars! Rent must be high lol… I know.
        Here I go off topic again…sorry…. but I miss stores do you? Yes we still have stores but I miss going out and physically picking something up and buying it at times.
        I even bought one guitar online one time…didn’t think I would EVER do that but it was an electric 12 string and there were none to be found in Nashville…

It is convenient ordering things but one day I see a future of ordering groceries.

I see a day where amazon controls everything, and then we’re really screwed. I hate Wal-Mart with a passion, as they’ve driven so many mom and pop stores out of business. They built one near here recently that the population was strongly opposed to but the board approved it anyway. I was in that area last week and so many stores up there are boarded up now. Yes, I miss shopping for some things but I hate grocery shopping. Have you heard of a thing called Shipt? This is where you order your groceries from the local grocery store and paid shoppers deliver it. It really came in handy this winter when I was snowed in!

1. badfinger20 says:

Wow no I never heard of that… yea that would be handy if you are snowed in…no doubt.
            I don’t like Wal-Mart either…they are like Vultures to a town. We lost our dime store and a few other local stores that had been open for a long time. I would rather pay a little more for something than to go there.

4. wdeod says:

Two things.
    a) I listen to DSotM about once a year, skipping On The Run, and love it.
    b) One of my school friends (many years ago!) became a GP (Americans would call them MDs) and then a vicar (!). I’m told during her training (for the former) she worked at where Syd Barratt lived and found him one moment a perfect gentleman and the next amazingly argumentative and objectionable. Very sad thing to happen.

Interesting on a. Even more interesting on b. Things with mental health can go south quickly from what I’ve seen. Yes so very sad.