Fire-breathing Job via del Toro (fiction)

on

Fandango’s FOWC is finest, the Word of the Day Challenge is seam, Paula’s 3 Things Challenge words are dragon, logic, lawnmower , and Teresa’s Haunted Wordsmith Daily Prompt is the photo.

Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay

For anyone who has watched the film, Lawnmower Man, you know that, aside from Tron, it’s the finest movie ever made about the end game of the human mind as it relates to computers. The logic is that you can get so wrapped up in the seam(less) realm of Cyberia that it becomes more real than real.

There was a sequel to Lawnmower Man that was poorly done, which is a shame. I decided to write to Guillermo del Torro and begged him to make a proper sequel to it. To my sheer amazement he agreed. What he said is that Job will be a three-dimensional fractal dragon in it and that Job will travel the Fiber Optic Highway as he convinces humans to follow him as a God. Humans are mesmerized by his writhing fractal skin, which they can only see in their minds, like having a holodeck in their heads. Neo, from the Matrix movies, will have to go in after Job to stop him, as an Archangel. I can’t wait until it hits the big screen. Netflix is funding it.

1. Marleen says:

I forgot Pierce Brosnan was (is) in that. I didn’t see the (poorly made) sequel.

I love every single part of Lawnmower Man. Everyone does what I call Xtreme Acting, including Pierce. I wonder if we can get a letter-writing campaign going to Guillermo?

2. Fandango says:

I am not sure that I ever saw Lawnmower Man. I may have to see if it’s streaming somewhere.

It is available in streaming. I saw they have an extended uncut version of it that I need to see.

3. I think Lawnmower Man is better than Tron.

Have you seen the Tron sequel? It’s really good.

1. badfinger20 says:

I’ve seen it…I liked it. I like movies that complete the circle. It tied up things.

Both Tron and the sequel were very dark sets, but it sets an other-worldly quality to them. I like the way they created a younger Jeff Bridges with some kind of fx or cgi. It would be interesting to see how they made that movie. Yes it did tie things up.

1. badfinger20 says:

Yes it was and his son iwas likeable also. Pretty good ending also.
            I loved when the son went to the arcade and turned on everything like the place hadn’t been touched since the 80s.

Yes, I loved that part too. I liked where he lived and that he had a Boston Terrier like my Chauncey 🙂

1. badfinger20 says:

Yes I remember that…
                I love abandoned houses…I’ll watch Youtube for people finding places that hadn’t been touched in years…it’s like a time capsule.

I like that woman in the Tron world that came back with him. She used to be in “House” that tv series.

1. badfinger20 says:

She was cool…she was the hero in a lot of ways…coming and getting the son.

Yes she was 🙂 Off topic: I’m listening to Smithereens b-sides The Beatles right now for the second time tonight. It’s awesome! Also, my older son and his gf went to see Chvrches in concert in Chicago last night. Not sure if you know them, but he’s loved that group for years. It’s like a dream come true for him.

2. badfinger20 says:

I’ve never heard of them…I will give them a listen though.
                      They really did those covers well. The one I like the best for some reason is the cover they did of the one George song…Don’t Bother Me…the guitar player sang it.

I don’t see one with that title?

4. badfinger20 says:

I wonder if they did two of them? One of the was Don’t Bother Me.

This sounds really good! Maybe they did a re-release with extra tracks? Not sure if I ever heard this one before.

6. badfinger20 says:

It was George’s first attempt at a song. They had it really close to The Beatles.

Here it is

Aha! I tried to get this one from the L but they don’t have it. I see G’s name credited there 🙂

4. Yes it was better, but not my thing.

You have written a fictional account but so well that it seems so real.

Sadje, maybe because I wish so much it was true 🙂

👍👌😉