Raspy the Rowdy Parrot

Parrot Talkimage link

Raspy was a rowdy parrot. He’d been rehomed multiple times. His raspy raucousness got old a couple of weeks in, and then Raspy was on his way again. Raspy’s luck changed the day he was adopted by Clara and Renaldo, two clowns who traveled with the Minuet Circus nine months of the year.

Clara, a natural linguist was able to teach Raspy how to call out to passersby in every town, begging them to come to the circus. I’m not sure how she did it, but Clara was able to teach Raspy how to sing Bohemian Rhapsody when Renaldo activated the 1905 81 key Marenghi Organ that began each show in the Big Top.

Raspy had found the home of his dreams and performed with the circus for 30 years, until Clara and Renaldo retired. The three of them lived out their golden years in their Florida cabana, sipping margaritas. Well not Raspy, he preferred coconut juice.

Fandango’s FOWC is raspy and the Word of the Day Challenge is rowdy.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody sounds great on that organ. I don’t think that a cabana is big enough to live in.

Very well handled prompts

Thanks, Sadj!

A pleasure!

3. badfinger20 says:

Wonderful story and very nice ending! I’m glad they all got to retire.

Love the organ… it’s so full sounding.

Glad you liked the story, Max, and nothing supernatural or violent happened in it. I must be slipping 😉

1. badfinger20 says:

I know! I was waiting for Raspy to be eaten or lose his voice! It was a good change… Every story can’t have a good ending though.

4. 💗Lovely! I love this happy ending! I would never give up on my baby boy Peanut. This picture displayed looks just like him!

Awww, I’m glad you connected with the story, Beckie 🙂