Twittering Tales #150 – 20 August 2019 — The Twilight Zone S4E6

Photo by Felipe Ribeiro at Pexels.com

Rod had dreamed every detail of the lunar station and spared no expense in making it come to life. It had to look streamlined and metallic; had to be shadowy/noir for the mood. Most important the light outside had to be bright, as if it was a long way from the dark side.
[275 characters]

Kat is the wonderful host of Twittering Tales.  Kat says:
Each Tuesday I will provide a photo prompt. Your mission, if you choose to accept the challenge, is to tell a story in 280 characters or less. When you write your tale, be sure to let me know in the comments with a link to your tale.

For those not familiar with the old black & white TV series, written and hosted by Rod Serling, more information is here.

1. badfinger20 says:

Looks like Mr. Serling got what he asked for…

I knew you would like this one 🙂

Do you know that imdb.com has an episode list of every show and what it was about? I went to that list to find the right (one that looked like it would fit) episode for the title to this story.

1. badfinger20 says:

Oh yes…I go there a lot about many of the old shows I watch…I love that site.

I do too. The only time I don’t go there is when I’m interested in info about a new series I’m watching, as next to the actors’ names they show how many episodes they last until. That gave me a spoiler once I will never forget!

2. Kat Myrman says:

A very nice look into the mind of a genius. In his words… “Last stop on a long journey, as yet another human being returns to the vast nothingness that is the beginning…and into the dust that is always…the end.”

Wow, Kat, didn’t know you were a fan of his :). Yes he was a genius. Wonderful quote.

1. Kat Myrman says:

All those episodes are classics now! As they should be. 😉👍

3. Carol Anne says:

Love that li! Very nice! ❤ xoxo

Thanks Carol Anne!

4. Ooooh, killer last line 🙂 Never watched The Twilight Zone, didn’t come here in India when it was originally telecast, unfortunately 😦

Mostly strange, sometimes scary tales. As a kid it scared me bad!

5. ron877 says:

Forest Whitaker is interesting and does a competent job in later revivals but nothing compares to the original Rod Serling. Good story.

Thank you, Ron. Haven’t seen anything but the original.

6. The Twilight Zone. Timeless storytelling.