Coloring Club Plus (collage) 10/14/19

Sturgill Simpson collage 101419

The collage today was done while listening to Sturgill Simpson. This album is pure quality.

A Sailor’s Guide to Earth is the third studio album by American country singer-songwriter Sturgill Simpson. It was announced on March 3, 2016, with the release of the single “Brace for Impact (Live a Little)”. The album was released on April 15, 2016, and won Best Country Album at the 59th Grammy Awards; it was also nominated for Album of the Year.

“In Bloom” is a song by American rock band Nirvana. Written by frontman Kurt Cobain, the song addresses people outside the underground music community who did not understand the band’s message. On March 24, 2016, Simpson released his cover of Nirvana’s “In Bloom” along with its music video, directed by Matt Mahurin. Simpson said, “I wanted to make a very beautiful and pure homage to Kurt [Cobain].

Sell the kids for food

But he don’t know what it means
Don’t know what it means to love someone

He’s the one who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he don’t know what it means
He don’t know what it means, no, to love someone

He likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he don’t know what it means
Don’t know what it means to love someone

Love someone, no

Songwriters: Kurt Cobain

1. hanspostcard says:

Great selection. Have been meaning to listen to his new one but haven’t yet!

Thanks Hans! I tried to borrow it from L today after hearing this one and it isn’t available yet. Am headed to GR to check on my grandfurbabies as my son and wife on vaca. Will read your posts later tonight or tomorrow (never enough hours in a day!)

1. hanspostcard says:

I think the album has been out only a week or two hopefully they will be getting it…. enjoy your trip to GR!

Thanks, I did. Just got back.

2. badfinger20 says:

Still trying to wrap my brain around this cover…only because I know the song so well…it’s good though…he made it into a real country song.

Max there are some great songs on this album. Will be posting another one, that he wrote, tomorrow. This one threw me at first, as I knew the words were familiar, and when I realized Nirvana I really was shocked.

1. badfinger20 says:

The only cover I’ve heard in my years is a Tori Amos Cover. This one was very interesting.

3. It seems like a very soothing song and I love that twangy guitar.

Do you recognize it as a Nirvana song? Yes, they’ve got some great musicians on this album.

Love, the blue truck. (K)

I’ve had that clipping for a long time, glad it finally got put to use.