Coloring Club Plus — 12/16/19

Dec 16

Eels (often typeset as eels or EELS) is an American rock band, formed in California in 1995 by singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Mark Oliver Everett, known by the stage name E. Band members have changed across the years, both in the studio and on stage, making Everett the only official member for most of the band’s work. Eels’ music is often filled with themes about family, death, and lost love. Since 1996, Eels has released twelve studio albums, seven of which charted in the Billboard 200.

Christmas is Going to the Dogs” is off of the “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” soundtrack, which was released on November 7th, 2000. It features a collection of music from popular artists of the time, as well as dialogue segments from the film.

Get off your sled and go to bed, don’t you ever tire?
Throw a bone, I’m finally home curled up by the fire
Snow is falling from the sky like ashes from an urn
Sweet dreams, my little one now it’s my turn

Well, Christmas is going to the dogs
We’d rather have chew toys than yule logs
And things aren’t looking very good, it’s true
So, I’ll just lay here and chew

Now, when I sleep I like to dream of rabbits in the snow
Jumping right into my jaws from their rabbit hole
Take one home and set him down right next to your shoes
Wake up to a big surprise my gift to you

And Christmas is going to the dogs
We’d rather have chew toys than yule logs
And things aren’t looking very good, it’s true
So, I’ll just lay here and chew

And Christmas is going to the dogs
We’re scarfing down the turkey and eggnog
And things aren’t looking very good, it’s true
So, I’ll just lay here and chew
So, I’ll just stay here and chew
Songwriters: Mark O. Everett

1. badfinger20 says:

I remembered it when I played it…I think of Max the dog in the Grinch.

I never saw any Grinch movies as I don’t like the Grinch.

1. badfinger20 says:

Oh I love the cartoon one…he is a mean one!

2. Nice tune Christmas and dogs, how could it lose.

It was one of the few Christmas tune that had rabbit in it. It is a nifty little tune and so different as sung from the dog’s perspective.

1. Now I see why you colored a rabbit.

I color the pictures first then find the song. These 2 books I have are very limited in their pics, and because only 15 more days, no sense in buying another book.

3. hanspostcard says:

Mark Everett has a book out- read it years ago- interesting read- forget the title…

I’m guessing he is a little eccentric, like your buddy Daniel?

1. hanspostcard says:

yes! the book he wrote i believe is called- Things My Grandchildren Should Know- came out a dozen years ago.

Will add it to my to-read list…

1. hanspostcard says:

It was a quick but interesting read as I recall.