Coloring Club Plus — 12/18/19

Dec 18

Christmas Wish is an album by Olivia Newton-John, released in November, 2007. It is the second original album of Christmas music recorded by Newton-John after ‘Tis the Season with Vince Gill (Hallmark, 2000), and the compilation partly from that, The Christmas Collection. It is her second album produced by Amy Sky. It features versions of classic Christmas songs and guest appearances from Barry Manilow, Jon Secada, Michael McDonald and others. In 2008, the album was re-released as a Target exclusive and included the bonus track “In the Bleak Midwinter”

Every Time It Snows” is the song I chose, which is a duet between Olivia and Jon Secada. The lyrics and the way their voices mesh are exquisite.

Spiraling and trembling
The snowflakes tumble down
Fluttering like angel wings
Like diamonds on the ground
Autumn leaves are gone now
Winter winds blow cold
But I’d dance through December
With your hand to hold
Oh It’s you I miss the most
Every time it snows
Carollers and revellers
Their songs are bittersweet
The streets are full but they can’t fill
The emptiness in me
Christmas lights are sparkling
But still they lack a glow
Everything reminds me
That you’re too far from home
Oh It’s you I miss the most
Every time it snows
Please come back regresso mi corazon
Please come back
Te extrano tanto mi amor
Back to me my love te neccessito te quiero
I need you here regresso mi regresso mi
I cry frozen tears
Spiraling and trembling
The snowflakes tumble down
Fluttering like angel wings
They fall without a sound

Songwriters: Breithaupt / Jordan / Don Breithaupt / Marc Jordan

1. badfinger20 says:

She always had such a great voice. Sounds really good…never heard it before.

I didn’t either til last night.

1. badfinger20 says:

With Christmas songs…I can listen to them all day…

Not me! I’m looking for new ones, as the old ones have me burnt out.

1. badfinger20 says:

Oh not me… When I heard Lennon’s Happy Xmas I’m happy… Because there is only about a two month span we are hit with these…. I’m posting one Friday that is really popular but not as much in America..I did it last year…

2. calmkate says:

glad you recognise her qualities … her mother was also very special!
    What a beautiful song 🙂

Was Olivia’s mom also a singer? I love the waver in her voice and her impeccable harmonies.

1. calmkate says:

no a super amazing social worker, but just as beautiful and well preserved for her age .. such a kind heart!

3. pvcann says:

Great choice in music (but of course, you always do) the star of the piece is that colouring, what a stunning geometric.

Paul so glad you enjoyed them.