What’s with all of the vitamin companies joining my blog as followers?

I’m not sure why a steady stream of vitamin companies are beginning to follow my blog, but how do I stop them?Β  Can I block followers?

1. Same here πŸ€ͺ

2. Paula Light says:

Me three, but I don’t care. I’m not going to visit them tho πŸ™„

1. I get them too. They can follow all they want but I won’t be visiting them.

Glad I’m not the only one.

3. Just thinking that it could be because of your recent aroma posts.

may be! that’s probably it

4. Six of them following me, Li! πŸ™„

Same with me! Why?

6. Me, too.
    I’m thinking. As long as they don’t spam, I give them the benefit of the doubt.
    It may be key-words that attract them – if they are bots. Or it may be people who work for vitamin companies and tell each other about great blogs they found … πŸ˜‰ (yeah, sure, but hey, you never know…) πŸ˜‰
    If someone gave me an eerie feeling I WOULD look to remove them and there is a way to do that.
    Click on the “my sites” list on the tab next to the “reader” tab. Go to “manage” then to “people” then to “followers” — you’ll see the list of followers. You can remove one by one those you don’t feel comfortable following you.
    Hope this helps.
    Na’ama

Very helpful information, Na’ama, thank you. I will let them be for now, but if they start any spamming, etc, I’ll show them the door πŸ™‚

1. My p!easure… I did wonder what the vitamin proliferation was about, too… 😁

2. IS I was literally just followed by yet another vitamin! Like, now! Donnow what number it is. 7-8?

7. badfinger20 says:

Mine also…

8. I’ve had that too!

9. CARAMEL says:

And me! It’s funny isn’t it! I wonder if their theory is to follow as many blogs as possible in the hopes of return follows. I have seen them following me, I have not seen any evidence they are reading my posts!

If you are going to be a pretend follower…you need to learn the art of liking and throwing generic comments around like “great post”. Then we might think they actually read our stuff! Grr!

lmao, Caramel. I’m imagining a line of giant pills following each of us around. I wonder if they jump into bottles to sleep at night?

10. bear in mind that your posts will probably be public,so they’ll probably trawl new posts for keywords. I don’t know enough about WordPress, but I know there used to be jobs doing this kind of thing of e.g. Twitter. I still see job adverts looking for WordPress developers, and they can’t all just be writing new themes for us. Sounds like it happens to everyone else too.

Thank you for the info, (insert your name here). I knew there had to be some less-than-ethical reason for it.

11. Chris Hall says:

Me too – I think it was the Magic Mushrooms πŸ˜‰

12. Lael-Heart says:

Isn’t that annoying?! I usually remove them from my followers.
    “Get out of here” I gleefully say and I click and delete. πŸ˜‰

13. Dave says:

I think I’ve had a couple of them also; didn’t bother me at all – a reader is a reader – but I did find it surprising, wondered why they came across my material.

14. Yes Lisa. I have had a slew of them follow me and just had another add yesterday. They all have the same pics and format with slightly different names. Must be bots, but why a poetry site???? Beats me.