Joaquin Phoenix acceptance speech best actor win at 2020 Academy Awards

Listening to Joaquin an idea seeped in, a question, what if Joaquin has been working as an actor towards a win so he could have the world watching to give this speech.  This is one of those for the books.

In a strange way, I almost see Joaquin funhouse-mirroring the character he won his Oscar playing:  Joker — only in this case Joker has looked into the mirror and sees his undistorted self.

“Run to the rescue with love, and peace will follow.”
–River Phoenix

Joaquin, I love you in either form.  THANK YOU for what you do and thank you for who you are.

1. hanspostcard says:

I’m still not sure what he said- I have a feeling he may not know what he said.

That happens sometimes when speaking from the soul, or when God uses us as transmitters. Remember Lelu in The Fifth Element? Something like that 😉

1. hanspostcard says:

or maybe he was wasted…

2. badfinger20 says:

He was dashing from subject to subject…I do that at times so I can’t say much.

He was being real, and it came across that way. I watched youtubes of others’ speeches and they seemed so slick. When they only give you 45 seconds (at least that’s what Brad Pitt said) you’re trying to get everything in that you feel compelled to say. Totally understandable.

1. badfinger20 says:

Yea I see it. I get what he was saying. I don’t like slick…I hate slick…because it’s fake usually.

Guess what I’m watching in just a few minutes? Joker! My library gets movies quick!

1. badfinger20 says:

Cool! Bailey watched that movie at least 4 times…he disected it over and over.
            He did do a great job at that role.
            I did like it a lot.

3. That was an amazing speech as only Joaquin can deliver. I appreciated his tip of the hat to his brother, River.

🙂 Exactly and yes.

4. Was a great speech, you could see he was under pressure but well delivered and much needed. Little did the world know that Mother Earth was listening…

Great comment. Sorry for the delay, I found your comment in my spam folder.

1. It’s ok, a lot of WordPress post seem to find themselves there. Hope yourself family and friends are healthy at this time.

Thank you and yours as well.