Women Music March #3 — Bonnie Raitt

Bonnie Raitt is one of those musical artists who have written and/or performed so many good songs it is difficult to choose just one.

Fundamental is the thirteenth album by Bonnie Raitt, released in 1998. “Fearless Love” is the song I chose from this album.

Come my love

On all we’re fearful of
Then we’ll let it go

Skippin’ stones
Across the great unknown
Safe at water’s edge
Don’t look down, baby
We’re gonna leave this losin’ town
(and) leap out from the ledge

And fly
Blind on fearless love
Let them wild winds blow
We’ll shine
On all we’re fearful of
Then we’ll let it go
Let it go

Songwriters: Dillon O’brian

1. badfinger20 says:

She is so authentic. Love her voice and slide guitar playing. There is nothing corporate about her…love her music.

Glad you like her music, Max. Her voice is so smooth in this one. And her slide is always good. I think you know by now I love slide (and steel) guitar.

1. badfinger20 says:

Yes I figured that out with George. You know I know guitar players who try to get George’s sound…they fail. He really notched his style out when he went solo…
        Sorry! I went way off subject. I also like Bonnie’s version of Runaway.

I don’t think you’re off subject. Anything with George is on topic imo 😉

1. badfinger20 says:

lol… That is good enough for me! Oh….Tref gave me this link last night…about Dhani finding more George music and releasing it. It metions it at the end of this article…also video of the 74 tour.

Excellent article! So exciting!

2. Carol Anne says:

Those are some awesome lyrics! I really loved this song!

🙂 She has a lot of good tunes.