Video: Liberal Redneck | Minnesota Burning — Vox Populi

I echo the feelings of the Liberal Redneck.  The Sheriff in my county attended a large peaceful protest over the weekend.  Like the Sheriffs he mentions in the video, ours also condemned the actions of the police officer killing in Minneapolis.  Any law enforcement officer who isn’t with the program of acknowledging something is criminally wrong there is in for a world of hurt.

50 miles away, in Grand Rapids, police are using tear gas and rubber bullets on rioters.  What a different mindset just a short distance from here.

Justice for George Floyd. These cops are out of control, y’all.

via Video: Liberal Redneck | Minnesota Burning — Vox Populi

1. Will we ever get back to normal?

I hope so, Jim.

1. I saw some toilet paper on the shelfs today in the store, which I have not seen in months.

That has to mean something. I got a text with a youtube attachment today from my hair salon describing all of the “protective measures” they’ve put in place there. They are ready to go as soon as the governor gives the green light. I will have to buy a mask because I’ve only been in one store since mid-march and used a winter scarf. The salon expects us to wear a mask. I don’t think anyone alive right now will forget 2020.

1. I have dozens of masks.

How often are you going out?

1. About one a week, but usually just for groceries.

2. calmkate says:

thanks for sharing, he said it so well!

Desperate people take desperate measures and it’s awesome to see some uniforms in the protests!

YES. I liked our sheriff before, but he’s gone way up in my regard for him with that simple act.

1. calmkate says:

yes those bad eggs must make the good guys so frustrated as people get more scared and more angry … they forget there are good ones!

Yes, Kate. In my work as a juvenile probation officer, I came across a lot of law enforcement people. Most are good people who serve the community in the interest of safety, but like in every profession, the bad eggs spoil it.

Will 2020 ever end? It’s just now the 6th month and it’s lasted what seems like years.

I HEAR YOU, Max. It’s like a nightmare we can’t wake up from. Thank goodness we have our blogging communities to support each other ❤

He’s just saying what most are thinking. I do believe the majority of people know right from wrong. Unfortunately those are not the ones in charge. (K)