#FFFC 70 — Please be seated.

on
8962495D-87C6-409B-A810-808737FC5FED
image is from Fandango at fivedotoh.com

I jumped the train just as it rolled away from the station. The conductor’s frown as he collected the fare turned into a smile with a $5 tip.

I’d never seen the train so full as today. There must be a special event in the city drawing suburbanites in. Not a seat to be seen. The idea of standing the whole way made my legs tired.

After an hour of holding the section separator, I began to pray for a seat.

A thunderous sound above the fast-moving vehicle made all passengers look up. With a crackling noise a blinding light beamed into the car — focusing upon a large man with a New York baseball cap and white shirt. In mid-sentence, the man simply dematerialized.

A moment of silence filled the car.

Conversation ramped up again as if nothing had happened. I looked at the empty seat then sat down.

FFFC

Fandango is the host of Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge.

1. When the train, come in the station I looked her in the eye

I don’t know this one. What’s it from?

1. Robert Johnson All My Love’s In Vain and I did a post on it about a week ago. The Rolling Stones also recorded it.

I must be slipping not to recognize it then 😦 Mind too distracted with other things. My mower broke down again and the hardware store that has pick up and drop off is not doing it now because of COVID their guy is 80 years old and they don’t want to risk it. In the meantime the grass grows and grows 😦

Great imagination Li. She wished it!

Sure seemed like it!

πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

She really wanted a seat…picked a good one to…anyone with a Yankees hat…off they go.

4. Fandango says:

Beam him up, Scotty! πŸ˜‚

5. Good fun, and I know the feeling but once I had to stand for two hours. No one dematerialised or even got off or up. Think I didn’t look old enough?

1. My pleasure, followed you πŸ™‚

Serendipity. You have to stay alert in these situations. (K)