Reena’s Exploration Challenge #144 — What will it take?

on

What will it take to breach the wall?
Allow yourself a diff’rent view?
Consider I’m the same as you?
You must or else we all will fall.

A virus scourge that beats them all
Is out to slay and hack and hew
What will it take to breach the wall?
Allow yourself a diff’rent view?

We must not fall to one so small
Please wear a mask as all must do
Until nineteen’s in our rearview
Or face our specie’s last death squall
What will it take to breach the wall?

Today’s offering is in the form of a rondel, which is A French form consisting of 13 lines: two quatrains and a quintet, rhyming as follows: ABba abAB abbaA. The capital letters are the refrains, or repeats.

Reena Saxena is the host of Reena’s Exploration Challenge.  Reena says:
In this week, I invite you to explore a single word

BREAKTHROUGH

What does it mean to you? Have you experienced it before? How do you expect it to happen?  Are you or the world on the verge of a breakthrough, to find new meanings in existing patterns?  Would love to read your take on this one. It may shed light on darkening landscapes.

A very nicely written poem and a great message

You’re welcome 😇

I wonder what it will take for some people. Well said. (K)

Great message but some people just don’t get it. It needs to be mandatory everywhere.

YES. From what my kids have told me, people without the masks are getting real loud in stores about having to wear them. Difficult to fathom the resistance. How would you explain it?

I have seen both…I saw a lady with a mask wear this guy out without one…but unfortunately the subject has turned political.
        I know some conservatives who wear their masks BUT they are agasint mandatory… I’m like why? We are not talking about a private right here…it’s public health…

This is why I hate politics so much Lisa….if people would use common sense and forget what side they are on.

BTW…we helped my cousin have a yard sale today in 96 degree heat…it was miserable…we just got home…That is why I haven’t responded.

Timing is everything, and to have a yard sale in the time of COVID-19 in 96 degree heat…. I hope you drank plenty of fluids. It could be heat stroke easy. No worries about not responding sooner.

Lisa…it was like working in hell…he was complaining about not many coming at 9 this morning…I said hmmm. It’s basicall Hades here and we are in the middle of a pandemic… we all wore masks though.

He made over 300…go figure

Amazing! He must have had some good things to sell.

4. Reena Saxena says:

The refrain of “What will it take to breach the wall?” is haunting.

Thank you, Reena. I really wonder…

5. Reena Saxena says:

Reblogged this on Reena Saxena and commented:
    What will it take? …. by Sadje

6. I love the mesmerizing rhythm. Great poem, JadeLi.

Thank you very much, Len.