Six Degrees 4

Kevin Bacon - Movies, Wife & Age - Biography

Kevin Bacon

Haruki Murakami is a Japanese author who writes long, deep, mindbending books.

I just started watching a deliqhtful anime series on Netflix, called “March Comes in like a Lion,” which is about a young Japanese shogi player. Shogi is a board game that is big in Japan.

My sons, their significant others, and I love playing board games. One of our current favorite board games is not able to be played face to face now because of Covid-19, but they were able to find an online, digital version that we can all link up to on a gaming website called Steam.

In the past six months I gave up using dry creamer in my coffee. First I was using unsweetened almond milk in it but read that oat milk is better for the environment. The oat milk I’ve been buying can be used in steaming lattes.

Oats are one of the healthiest grains you can eat. I recently read about an overnight oatmeal breakfast that you prepare the night before using old-fashioned oats, Greek yogurt, and milk of your choice. Mix them all together and refrigerate overnight.

Although so much of my reading these days takes place from a computer monitor screen, my favorite way to read books is the old-fashioned way, with books made of paper.

Paula Light is the host of Six Degrees.  Paula says:
The idea is to use the six degrees of separation concept (that everyone is only six or fewer people away from Kevin Bacon) to connect books, movies, and songs.

This is my first time trying it and really am not sure I did it right.  It was fun in any case.  If you want to give it a try, follow the link to Paula’s blog and follow her examples not mine!

1. Paula Light says:

Yay! I’m also on Steam for TTR!

We played Yahtzee with a webcam with my cousin. It wasn’t the same but fun. I know Steam is fun…It’s been a while since I fooled with it.

I did find that oat milk is way better that almond or soy milk

4. Chris Hall says:

I’m going to try oat milk if I can find it. Thanks for the tip, Li and Sadje!

I learned it is more expensive in the local store than if I buy it online.

1. Chris Hall says:

I hadn’t thought of ordering online, but I’ll have a hunt.

5. Irene says:

I like Murakami, board games, and use unsweetened cashew milk in my coffee (very few calories and rich flavour). Good six-degrees exercise!

Thanks Irene. Out of all writers ever, he is the one that blows my mind the most. 1Q84 took me into another world, just like the character in the book. Haven’t tried cashew milk. Not sure if I did the 6 degrees right as they didn’t lead to Kevin Bacon 😉

1. Irene says:

😂 I am sure Kevin Bacon drinks coffee

6. Jules says:

I’m old fashion in regards to reading… I want a book!
    Shogi looks like a Bookshelf Game called Stratigo
    Though I could be thinking of another game… like Battleship.

I haven’t gotten into online gaming. I’ve been playing 3, 4, and 5 handed Pinochle and learning how to play Mahjong. 🙂

From what it shows on the series, it seems like chess but with flat tiles instead of 3-d figures, but I know nothing about it or Stratego. I did hear about the interesting history of the game Parchesi the other day though, which is strange, but my daughter in-law is a wealth of info about such things. I would *love* to learn how to play real live Mahjong! I play it online solo all the time and love it, but to play with a group would be very fun.