dVerse — MTB 227 — Angels Near

Angel Wings and Heaven Digital Art by Sherri's - Of Palm Springs

Once peery twinkles,
now opaque orbs. Ears batten,
echoed messengers.
Loved ones murmur denouement.
Angels’ whooshes take me home.

Image:  “Angel Wings and Heaven,” by Sherri’s of Palm Springs.

Frank J. Tassone is today’s host of dVerse‘ Meet the Bar.  Frank says:
Let us write our own Jisei. Write a haikai (haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka, Gogyohka) or haikai-esque poem that reflects on imminent death—and the significance of life in light of it. If you are going for the haikai-esque, keep the lines brief (no more than 10) and use the aesthetics of haikai (simplicity, heartfulness, and pathos). If you feel daring, you can attempt the gembun—a one-sentence haibun, but otherwise, keep away from long forms.

1. robtkistner says:

I enjoyed this Lisa. However I must admit I am not sure if it will be angels or aliens that will take me away. Oh well I guess we will find out!

I don’t care which one as long as they have no ill-intent — or if they do, I’m not conscious of it. Yes we will!

2. rothpoetry says:

Very nice Lisa! Woosh and we are gone… that is about the way it is.

Thank you, Dwight. It’s how I imagine it will be.

1. rothpoetry says:

How could it not be!

3. Dora says:

Oh I love the joyfulness in this! I won’t forget the “angels’ whooshes” – that is just perfect sensory expression of the unseen. Made me want to shout, Hallelujah! 🙂

❤ 🙂 Glad you connected with it, Dora!

The end should be swift and sweet.

5. Ingrid says:

I hear the music of the spheres in this composition, Lisa – and it is beautiful 😊

🙂 So glad you do, Ingrid.

A hopeful and peaceful vision. (K)

7. I think that there will be no angels, but earthworms in the end.

The earthworms are welcome to my shell, and I hope flowers grow from the enriched soil they leave behind.

8. i heard the whooshing. beautifull

It’s the sound I want to hear when I go…

9. selizabryangmailcom says:

Beautiful image you found. It makes me feel very calm.
    And your poetry complements it perfectly. I love the word denouement.
    I had to look up “peery”.
    Can you explain the first line a little bit? I *think* I have it, but not 100% sure…….

So glad you enjoyed the image and poem. With the peery and opaque I thought of eyes as marbles. The peerys are the clear ones and the opaque not, as when a person gets older they get cataracts and some go blind. Hoping you found a kind of marble when you looked up peery? I just guessed at the spelling.

do a search on google images for types of marbles. i just did. they call them “puries” or “clearies” we used to call them peeries as a kid

1. selizabryangmailcom says:

Ah, gotcha! Well, I did think it had to do with eyes, for sure, but the “tone” from the dictionary is different from what you meant. Still did get the image of light disappearing and a cloudiness replacing that.
        I’ve never heard of puries, clearies, or peerys. I love it!
        Have a great day tomorrow.

🙂 Thanks Stacey!

10. Suzanne says:

What a beautiful thought – to be carried home by angels while loved ones guard the passage.