2021 MOVIE DRAFT- ROUND 5 PICK 4- MSJADELI SELECTS- NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND — slicethelife

on

Round 5, Pick 4, March 4, 2021 Title:  “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind” Writer and Director:   Hayao Miyazaki Genre:  anime (Japanese animation) Length:  1 hour, 57 minutes Awards:  3 wins and 1 nomination Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind is a 1984 Japanese anime film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, based […]

Here’s the trailer for it:

1. Liam says:

This is on my watchlist.I have very little experience with anime.

Studio Ghibli films are like potato chips. Nobody can eat just one 🙂

I left a comment on the other…I did see Cowboy Bebop which I didn’t know at the time it was considered Anime…which shows you how much I know about this.
    I’m willing to give something a try though.

I am behind on reading today. Yes, I felt the same way about anime as you do until my son made me start watching some series with him. It grew on me. Once I watched Studio Ghibli, I was hooked.

I watched Cowboy Bebop with Bailey…I didn’t know what it was and was confused at first…then I caught on….it’s different.

3. My daughters and I love Studio Ghibli. So many brilliant and beautiful movies.

Glad to hear it, David. Nausicaa is the one I’ve watched most, but other favorites are Ponyo and Spirited Away.

1. They are both brilliant. I would also recommend My Neighbour Totoro, Grave of the Fireflies and Howl’s Moving Castle. But you can’t go wrong with any of them.

I have a boxed set with all of them. I forgot totally about Howl’s Moving Castle but that’s another one of my favorites 🙂 The young woman turned into an old crone who saves a tortured wizard that is doomed to travel the underworld. And of course, Calcifer 🙂