cool smoothie hot day

on

smoothie

Another day working towards 90. The afternoon showers yesterday took some of the humidity out of the air but not enough. Trying to think of something for lunch, I remembered the quart of fresh strawberries I bought at my favorite farm market yesterdy and instantly thought smoothie. If you follow my recipe, your tastebuds will thank you and you will feel refreshed.

–Handful of strawberries, washed, but leave caps on them they are good for you and in no way affect the taste of the smoothie.

–handful of frozen blueberries from last year. They had some ice crystals but easy to rinse off.

–scoop of vegetable based protein powder

–1/3 to Β½ cup of orange sherbet

–1/2 to ΒΎ cup of oat milk (or any milk or “milk-like” substance you have on hand)

put in blender. First on low to grind/chop, then on blend. Simple. Paper straw or none at all.

Note: really any fruit will do, such as bananas or apples. Frozen fruit makes it colder. You can also add ice cubes to really cool it down.

If you try it, let me know what you think.

Sounds yummy

It was! πŸ™‚

2. Mark S says:

Thanks sounds like my regular breakfast smoothie!

Num num! I also like to make them with yogurt when I have it.

1. Mark S says:

I have shifted from a plant-based protein power to a powdered/dehydrated peanut powder. I can’t remember why I made the shift, but I am enjoying it.

mmmm! May have to give the pnut powder a try. I used to buy almond milk for my coffee, etc., but after reading about how much water it takes to grow almonds, I switched to oat milk and like the Califia Unsweetened Oat milk barista blend so much better!

3. It sounds and looks πŸ˜‹

1. *looks delicious πŸ˜‹

it is πŸ™‚

It tasted great too! πŸ™‚

Sounds delicious. Strawberries are still too expensive here to buy. Our heat broke last night–hope it’s headed your way! (K)

Right now the thermometer in the atrium says 88. I hope so! Glad the heat broke for you there. Did it rain?? It’s been so hot here those strawberries were probably greenhouse ones. The farm I go to grows a lot of things hydroponically. The good thing about them is they don’t have that artificial giantness with lack of flavor like so many store bought ones do.

No rain yet, but it was hazy all day. Still, I’ll take 70 degrees over 90, even with humidity.

Sounds great Lisa…I’d like to try bananas.

6. Looks yummy! I once worked in a kitchen in Upstate NY where one of the chefs boiled up strawberries with simple sugar and fresh rosemary. Soooooooooo unbelievably good! I don’t buy a lot of strawberries (because I have such a hard time finding sweet ones) but your post made me think of it! 🌞

When you say boiled up, will you say more? I have the strawberries and fresh rosemary.

1. Just chop the strawberries and add to simple syrup (made with water & sugar) and simmered with the fresh rosemary for maybe 20 or 25 minutes. Lemme know if you try it! 🌞

Thanks! I will let you know if I do.