off to visit grandbaby!

20220226_134800 (2)Dale Chihuly assemblage hanging in part of Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park.
photo taken 2/26/22

Heading over to see my darling grandbaby in a few minutes.  She is able to stand without holding onto anything now.  She will be a year old next month.  Can you believe it’s been almost a year since she was born?  See you on the flipside, homies!

Enjoy your visit Li

2. ghostmmnc says:

How wonderful! Have fun!
    We’re getting ready to do the same, and our grand-daughter is 8. 🙂

Thank you, Barbara! We did have a good time. I bet your granddaughter adores you as much as you adore her. Grandkids are the icing on life’s cake ❤

3. Paula Light says:

Yay! 💕💕💕

Love Chihuly. Never saw the sunflower one before 🌻

Awesome, Paula. Glad you know and love him. They have several more of those assemblages in the cafeteria there and probably other stuff around the building also.

4. Badfinger (Max) says:

Have a great visit Lisa!

Thank you, Max! We had so much fun today. My daughter in-law put on some of the baby’s favorite tunes and we all “played drums” and danced. I really think she is going to be a drummer 🙂 Musical selections included ELO and Boney M lol

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

LOL that sounds great! You need to work her up to Led Zeppelin! Glad you had a good time!

5. M. Oniker says:

Have fun on the visit, but it was the Chihuly that got me to comment. I love his stuff. Saw a LOT of it when living on the West Coast and of course on a visit to Seattle. I love glass. I love art. So how could I not love Chihuly?

M, he is a prolific artist and so well-known because of it. I appreciate glass and art glass in particular also. Thanks for reading and your comment. We had a grand time today 🙂

6. awwww have fun! 💖🌈

Thank you! We did have a grand time 🙂

1. oh so hap;py to hear that! 💖

I can’t believe it either. Enjoy! (K)

🙂 ❤ We had fun today, playing drums and dancing.

8. rothpoetry says:

Wonderful! Have a fun day with your little one! I love Chihuly’s glass work. He is amazing!

Thank you, Dwight, it was wonderful. I had forgotten how alert and attuned babies are to their environments. It’s a quality we adults have to work at to sustain. Yes, Chihuly is a master at his craft.

9. Dale says:

Enjoy your visit!

It was wonderful to spend time with the baby and my kids and DIL. Almost as good was talking about future family gatherings with them. They are going to have a birthday party for her next month. I’m geeked about it!

10. I’m sure you had a wonderful with the grand baby.
    A year old is the perfect age.
    Chihuly has a beautiful exhibit in Las Vegas. His glass art is outstanding.
    Isadora 😎

I bet it really shines in the Las Vegas lights!

1. The glass artwork is inside the Chihuly gallery in one of the hotels – Omni – if I recall correctly. The lighting is gallery lighting. I did art shows when he and I were in our beginning years. He’s famous, I’m not. 😄 Definitely, a master glass artist.

Oh wow, Isadora! Did not realize you were part of the art world. Are you also a glass artist?? So neat to be connected with him.