Something that has been happening enough to have me here, now, writing this post, is the matter of the disappearing comments. Here is how it goes:
- Someone makes a comment on my post.
- I comment back to them and it automatically “likes” their comment when I hit send.
- No “underlined replied” shows up.
- I go to my post to see if my return comment showed up. It didn’t.
- I retype my comment there at the post. When I hit send, this message shows up: “Duplicate comment detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!”
- Yet it never “took” or showed up the first time, so it never shows up.
I don’t want people to think I’m ignoring them. The “like” does transfer and show up, but the comment doesn’t.
Is anyone else having this issue?
UPDATE at 9:25pm. I just checked my spam folder for the first time in what seems like months. There were between 400-500 spams in there. Going through with bulk delete, I came across maybe 10 valid ones from (as I can remember): Neil, Christian, Reena, Tzvi, and some others. My apologies, but they were comments on random posts and once I approve them very difficult to hunt them down and reply to them.
I did get an email back from WP happiness engineers but I haven’t had time to get back with them. I do know they asked me about what was in my spam folder which is why I went there and found all of them. Now I have the answer to that question to email back to them. Hoping they can get this issue sorted out. Will do another update as events unfold.