dVerse — Monday Quadrille 158 — Morning Shadows

Free Morning shadows Stock Photo - FreeImages.comimage link

Morning’s nature place
I seldom see anymore
except in flat snapshots,
neatly tucked away;
pulled out from their cache
when it’s time to cry
or write poems.

Morning’s rally place
is one of dreams interrupted,
clarion to conform; where
one puts on the uniform.

Linda Lee Lyberg is today’s host of dVerse’ Quadrille Monday. Linda says:
write a quadrille (a poem of 44 words) with the word Morning.

1. Suzanne says:

Well said. Mass consciousness is becoming increasingly a place seen only in old photos for me too.

Thank you, Suzanne.

2. rothpoetry says:

Early risers for work really do miss the morning spectacle it seems. Well done, Lisa!

Dwight, thank you! There is something about not having to wake up to an alarm clock that is indescribably delicious.

1. rothpoetry says:

Oh, you are right about that! I let the sun wake me in the morning!

3. If more of us stopped to really see and feel the morning, I think the world would be a different place. Lovely Lisa.

Linda, I agree with you 100%! It sets the tone of the day. Imagine every day being so beautiful and appreciated ❤

4. Ron. says:

Oy. Conformity? Nah.
    Marvelous.

5. The earlier i have to work, the earlier i rise. I still refuse to miss the morning. Great poem Lisa!

Mary, happy you are an early riser. I could never get the hang of it 😉 Thank you very much and glad you enjoyed the poem.

6. You described the beauty of morning well in this piece. Nice poem.

Thank you, Miss Arcadia.

7. Ali Grimshaw says:

This makes me think about the many, many people who don’t get the chance to connect with nature during their daily lives. How I wish everyone had this opportunity. Thank you for sharing.

I’m sorry it made you think of those unfortunate individuals. I know that a lot city kids here have never been out to Lake MI. That’s a sad reality 😦

8. Jim says:

We were opposites today, you tell of the bad, I tell a good item.

I just read your happy telling, Jim. Glad you can commune with morning.

9. A morning not rushed by routine is the best! Wonderful write, Li.

Thanks much, Punam.

Your poem is so beautiful Li. Mornings are the best time to be up and do the work that’s only done in solitude.

Sadje, I believe you. Since I’m in solitude all of the time these days, later works as well as early. I do like how the morning is much cooler than it often is later in the day.

I have lot of family around me that’s why I relish the solitude of early morning. Nowadays, however due to my foot surgery, my sleep schedule is all haywire and I often sleep in late. I do miss my early mornings.

Sadje, I hope you can get back into your routine again soon. Is your foot doing well? How much longer on restriction?

Thanks Li. A bit more than 3 weeks in cast. Then hopefully it will be okay. We’ll only know for sure when the cast comes off. 🤞🏼

:::fingers crossed::: I hope you get yourself a nice pedicure after the cast comes off ❤

Haha! I’d definitely need it. 😂

p.s. Thank you 🙂

You’re welcome ☺️

11. kim881 says:

I sympathise with everyone who has to get up in the morning to go to work instead of getting up because they want to. I’m happy that I haven’t had to do that for a long time, and I can spend as much time in ‘morning’s nature place’ as I want. Great use of alliteration in the phrase ‘clarion to conform’, Lisa, and rhyme in the final couplet.

I hear you on the sympathizing. Glad you’re in the nature place also. Thanks for noticing, Kim.

12. We miss so much. That probably why we let things be destroyed. We never knew them anyway.

Devastating comment, Jane, as it screams the truth. It’s also poetry.

13. I can feel your pain…nature replaced by concrete, and life by dull uniformity.

Thank you for reading and your comment, Tanmay.

14. That last stanza! It’s difficult working one’s way out of that uniform!

Petru, it sure is. It took me 25 years to get out of mine. I still marvel at those individuals who have managed to stay out of them their entire lives.

1. Role models! 😂

15. ‘clarion to conform’ – damn that pesky trumpet. (Grateful I no longer have to comply). Love your quadrille, Lisa.

Marion, thanks much, and happy for you that you are out of the rat race.

Morning certainly gets polluted by the need to rush to be somewhere instead of being able to unwind with its pace. (K)

17. Badfinger (Max) says:

What a picture…and made better by your words Lisa.

Thank you. I liked how this poem turned out, as it gets about as transparent as I can get 🙂

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

I can feel your words in this one a lot.

18. Today is my son’s first day of school and we both had to get up and greet the morning rather than snooze it away! 😆 It’s a beautiful sight to see but now I’m going to need a nap. Enjoyed your wordplay, especially the last stanza! 👏👏

Congrats on your son’s first day of school. It’s always big doins for kids and parents. And now that your child is in school, please take that nap 🙂 Thanks, Tricia.

1. My pleasure, Lisa! 💓

19. The only way is to sleep outdoors… then you find that nature morning third dimension.

I bet. Thank you, Bjorn. I’m glad you had your adventure and got your third dimension mojo going.

20. Sami says:

Mornings are lovely 🌹😚 when you get time to enjoy them

If I could skip the bit between waking up and finishing that first cuppajoe I would be only too happy to rise early. Alas, this is probably not possible.

21. pulled out from their cache
    when it’s time to cry
    or write poems.

That’s quite sad, Lisa 😦

I felt this poem very deeply…

David

David, every road has a few bumps along the way. I’m glad you connected with the poem. Thanks, buddy ❤