TSM 231 — Landslide

is vacuum, sucking
qi, blood turn to dust.

They all want a piece
of me. It is then that
I become very small
and close my shell.

Landslide” is a Fleetwood Mac song that Stevie sings.

Carrie is the host of The Sunday Muse.

1. Sherry Marr says:

When I look at the photo, I imagine a tiff with her lover, and still having to perform as if everything is okay – it must be really hard some nights, projecting so much. I enjoyed your poem, and perspective.

I can see that also, Sherry. Thank you.

2. kaykuala says:

The last stanza reveals some form of reaction. There could have been a tiff before that. It’s great to end with a mystery, Jade!

Hank

Thank you for your wonderful comment, Hank.

The dark side to fame… (k)

4. Helen says:

I love your blog design!!! Most likely told you that in another life … bears repeating.
    I look at the image and cannot decide if she is before concert asking for strength or post concert giving thanks. Lovely writing, Lisa.

Helen, thank you on your lovely comment. I’m guessing hardcore fans know exactly what was going on in that moment. I just tried to imagine…

5. Phil Strawn says:

Maybe their best song.

You could be right.

6. Badfinger (Max) says:

That last stanza (I guess that is what its called) describes fame rather well.

Thank you very much. I see fame as a double-edged sword. As popular as Stevie was/is, there was/is probably someone always trying to get at her.

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

Oh yea constantly. I can’t imagine how many people/companies want to talk to her about different things.
        I’m a Director and I get calls constantly wanting me to buy something…I can’t imagine fame!