Tanka Tuesday 302 — Dawn’s Blankets

Terri Webster Shrandt

Dawn’s pink and blue crystal blankets
Faux-warm, smiling crystal blankets
Quiet world stirs, begins anew
Our home hearth burns

Wind lost, aimless chimney smoke curls
Disperses in lightening sky
Dawn’s pink and blue crystal blankets
Our home hearth burns

Yesterday’s blizzard swept away
Awake, awed with morning’s pastel,
Sip hot coffee and give thanks while
Our home hearth burns

Baccresiezé form

Colleen Chesebro is the host of Tanka Tuesday.  Colleen says:
Write your poem using the photo as your inspiration.

1. Oh my gosh, this brought tears to my eyes. I love the poetry form you chose to illuminate my humble image of where we live. And that is exactly what we do with our morning coffee. Thank you!

Terri, knowing this brings joy to my heart. You have a piece of heaven there. You are very welcome, and I’m glad Colleen chose your photo for us to write to.

2. One certainly can be grateful for a working heating source when dealing with such tough weather conditions!

For sure, Christian. It’s a matter of life and death, as you know.

3. Badfinger (Max) says:

First of all crystal blankets is such a cool design…well design is not the word to use but a cool concept. I like this one a lot.

Max, I can’t help it, when I see snow on the ground, the texture looks like warm blankets, but it deceives with its water crystal reality 🙂

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

That is an awesome phrase… it caught my attention

Max, on another subject, have been watching more episodes of ST. I’ve taken a few mini clips and send them to my kids. They are getting a real kick out of them.

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

I do love the show! I almost have the index done. I’m going to write up a Star Trek introduction and then start posting. I’m looking forward to this.

Awesome! So am I. As a matter of fact, signing off now and going to watch a few more. Have a great night, my friend. Sweet dreams.

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

Have a great one!

4. Felic says:

It’s a beautiful description of the scenery and the coziness of the house in it. Also pink and blue were colors I could imagine very vividly.

Thanks much, Felic.

5. SelmaMartin says:

Thanks, Lisa. This is lovely. I loved the repetitive lines and at the end: Our home hearth burns– delightful. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Selma. My first time using that form and I will use it again.

You really caught the atmosphere of the photo. (K)

7. Your imagery is just beautiful! ❤

Yvette M Calleiro 🙂

Yvette, thank you!

8. How lovely, Lisa. I love the repeating phrase “our home hearth burns.” It really brings home the imagery of heart is in the home. I love it! 💙

So happy it pleases you, Colleen. Many thanks ❤

1. You’re welcome, Lisa.

9. Hi again! I would like to quote your poem in my blog post this Sunday, if that’s OK. I’m introducing my collaboration with Colleen in my post and wanted to share yours and how much it meant to me 🙂

Very happy to say yes you can. Thank you and appreciate you wanting to quote it 🙂

1. Wonderful, many thanks!

You’re welcome.