Bad Boys

bad boys

image link

Today’s Word of the Day Challenge is immature.  Although the word immature doesn’t show up in my poem, I hope it describes it enough to pass for the prompt!

boys toys

Ending (A)

ladies want bad boys

wish it weren’t true

Ending (B)

grow up guys

ladies dont’ want you

Which one do you think it is and why?

1. Janet says:

A for sure. Why? Sad but true

Why do you think it is that way?

1. Janet says:

Because they are a challenge. Girls want to prove to themselves that they can have them? I don’t know. I always liked bad boys but I never understood why. Nice guys seemed to easy, to simple. Of course… I learned the hard way that this is dumb. Not necessarily those guys you are describing, but a bad boy is a bad boy no matter which type he is ya know?

i like your response. yes it seems to be an “ingrained problem” that we want to “fix”, but the irony is if we could fix it we would become bored because they turned into nice guys. it is a dilemma for sure.

1. Janet says:

Haha!! No doubt!

2. Janet says:

Of course, I’ve recently met a nice guy and have seen him a few times and I’m not quite sure what to do with him. (kidding, sort of).

Good luck. Nice guys are better for us that’s for sure.

2. Janet says:

Oh and I meant too not to

3. For the most part it’s B. I think bad boys are very sexy–from a distance. #1 I’m happily married #2 It’s not worth the misery or the disgust (think Scott Glen in Urban Cowboy).

That’s a very good way of putting it. Maybe keep them confined to the silver screen. No bad boy I was ever with had a happy ending that’s for sure.

4. In never had a clue as to what girls want, but I will go with Ending (A).

5. Paula Light says:

Me personally? Never attracted to bad boys, if we’re talking about the cliched Lothario. But I have been attracted to mentally ill geniuses, which is a different (stupid) thing.

That’s another whole kettle of fish. Are you still or have you gotten past it?

1. Paula Light says:

I think I’m done (fingers X’d).

6. cagedunn says:

Bad boys make good boys play stronger, fight for the right – good genes on display for the girls! Or is that just for the winged and furred and scaled?

🙂 In light of your story, I cannot disagree 😉

7. SanaH says:

Frankly speaking girls do get attracted to bad boys, for reasons not known to mankind, but it’s the good ones they want to spend their lives with.
    But not all nice guys turn out to be nice. So you always have to be careful.

Ah yes, you just never know. That’s what makes it so difficult!

8. I guess it is the nurturing instinct that kicks in some women on seeing bad boys. They think they can reform them.

I think you’re right, Punam. I just watched “The Last Movie Star” with Burt Reynolds, a notorious bad boy. It’s a loose autobiography. In there he tells a young woman (paraphrasing), “Stay away from the bad boys. You’ll never change them.”

1. I have seen a couple of friends getting into relationship with ‘bad boys’ with stars in their eyes about reforming them and leading a miserable life.
        Burt Reynolds is good in it, isn’t it!

YES he is ❤

9. pvcann says:

Sounds like my late teens 🙂

Yes, I think many teenage boys are “immature”. Some even grow out of it. Likewise, the teenage girls find them dreamy, and some of us grow out of it 🙂

10. lovegoggle says:

unforuntately, for me it’s ending A! Check out my latest post about bad boys and you’ll see why!