Coloring Club Plus — 3/11/19

Mar 11

Mar 11a

Pressure Chief is the fifth studio album by American band Cake. It was released on October 5, 2004. Has it really been that long? Wikipedia doesn’t have a lot of information on the CD. It is typical Cake fare and it is tasty. The selection for the day is, “Dime”, and yes, it is about a dime. It’s a sweet little song.

“Dime”

In the brown shag carpet of a cheap motel
In the dark and dusty corner by the TV shelf
Is a small reminder of a simpler time
When a crumpled up pair of trousers lost a brand new dime
Well you ask me how I made it through and how my mint condition could belong to you
When I’m on the ground I roll through town
I’m a president you don’t remember getting kicked around
I’m a dime
I’m fine
And I shine I’m freshly minted
I am determined not to be dented
By a car, by a plane, or anything not yet invented
I’m a dime
I’m fine
And I shine
In the hiss and rumble of the freeway sounds
As the afternoon commuters drive their cars around
There’s a ringle jingle near the underpass
There’s a sparkle near the fast food garbage and roadside trash
I’m a dime
I’m fine
And I shine I’m freshly minted
I’m silver-plated I’m underrated
You won’t even pick me up because I’m not enough for a local phone call
I’m a dime
I’m fine
And I shine
I’m a dime
I’m fine
And I shine
I’m a dime
I’m fine
And I shine

Songwriters: JOHN M MCCREA

1. Paula Light says:

Love the owl! Only know older Cake. 🙂

I think this may be their last CD or the next to the last. Thanks on the owl. I liked doing it in more earth tones.

2. hanspostcard says:

Good song- in celebration of Cake- I will eat some. Are they still around the band?

I honestly don’t know. I think so, but not positive.

3. badfinger20 says:

I like Owls… I remember in the seventies they were everywhere…drawings and paintings…

My mom used to collect owls back in those days. Then she switched to clowns 😦

1. badfinger20 says:

Yep there were a lot of clowns also…and kids with big round eyes

4. pvcann says:

There’s something about owls, they are regal and refined, love seeing them out in the wild. Love cake too. Noting Paula’s comment above, it may get moody if you don’t get new cake, they were a thought provoking band.