Thursday Inspiration 37 — Internal Coil

Winding road

Internal Coil

Built by the hand of God
With tender loving care
Kindly puppetmistress
Programmed to love and share.

They say I am alive
I move by inner spring
When things are going well
I wind up and I sing

When wound up with your spite
Trapped in your glittered eyes
Kind puppetmistress fades
Myself I do despise

How is it that you think
That you can take her place?
Mere man to pull the strings?
Forget her loving face?

Begone you coiling snake
Crawl back under your rock
My coil rewound with love
My maker lost — now not.

Paula Light is the host of Thursday Inspiration.  Paula says:
This week’s theme is winding and the picture is [above.] Here is the song snippet from “Everyday Is A Winding Road” recorded by Sheryl Crow in 1996:

Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine

I’m also linking this poem to Mindlovemisery Menagerie’s Sunday Writing Prompt of gaslighting.

Gaslight.png

1. Gina says:

well crafted lines. also brings to mind a very old song by Cliff Richard….”I am just a toy soldier in your hands…” . I especially love the lines when the wound up with your spite….myself I do despise…wow that was powerful.

Glad you connected with it, Gina and appreciate your thoughts on it, thank you.

Gina, just wanted to let you know that your comments section is “closed” on your January Haibun. Re the haibun: so glad the warm sunny winds are warming your skin and change is swirling with the winds ❤

1. Gina says:

Thanks Lisa. It seems an issue I can’t resolve. I need to go back to the post after it’s published to rectify.

I love the sound of the word coil. It’s both round and tight. Uncoil opens up. (K)

Thanks K. I was looking for you at your blog yesterday. Your absence has been missed.

You have been missed is what I want to say.

I needed a break but also I had to switch to Windows 10 and my computer did not like it. I think my daughter has it working now…
        I definitely missed you too. I’ve got a lot going on but will try to be present more.

Adult children do come in handy at times, don’t they 🙂 Glad she got it working for you. Glad you will be around again, as you are able.

3. hanspostcard says:

That’s funny when I did my walking today I listened Sheryl Crow’s Greatest Hits- and of course that song was on it. Pretty good CD.

Powerfully expressed emotions.

Thank you, Sadje.

You’re welcome 😉

5. Jules says:

Ah… the winding coil of man’s made roads…
    I was visiting ‘up north’ where the mountains took back some of nature – staying connected wasn’t the easiest thing to do – ‘net’ wise!

Going off-grid and connecting with nature is a wonderful place to be, Jules.

1. Jules says:

Which is why I enjoy my yard so much… it is sort of like a mini wild life preserve. 🙂