Thursday Inspiration 39 — Flower Power

Yellow boots

I have what they call Flower Power. It starts at the tip of my ratted lavender-scented bouffant and vines down to the tips of my squeaky yellow PVC boots. As I fly over spring terrain, my shimmery green silk cape sends sparkles everywhere that makes seeds germinate when my boyfriend hero, Sol, warms things up. My Sister, Shower, flies high then whirls. Her hair shoots out water which our cousin, Spongy, soaks in then squeezes out over the land. Then it is my turn to go strolling in my Flower Power boots. Wherever I step, a rainbow of blossoms unfurls. By summer I’ve covered a lot of territory.

It is our joy to serve our Mysterious Mother Gaia. I wish everyone treated her as well as we do.

Paula Light is the host of Thursday Inspiration.  Paula says:
This week’s theme is boots and the picture is [above.]  Here is the song snippet from “These Boots Are Made for Walking” recorded by Nancy Sinatra in 1966:

These boots are made for walking
And that’s just what they’ll do
One of these days these boots are gonna
Walk all over you

1. theresaly520 says:

Awesome, your post reminds me of that famous photo Flower Power of the hippie putting the flower in the gun.

Jim thank you for posting the youtube. I’m quite entertaining by the commentary, which pretends to be unbiased but is trying to demonize the peace protesters. And the commentor doesn’t know the difference between a daisy and a carnation.

🙂 Glad you like it, Paula!

A great power to have Li. 👍

🌺🌹🌸🌷

3. badfinger20 says:

Psychedelic Boots…bring back flower power

4. Flower Power was a big deal back when and even now for me. But more so, I remember Nancy Sinatra and that song well! I wanted a white pair of boots really bad and instead for my birthday I got black. I was the only one in school to have black. I felt embarrassed until my girlfriends wanted to trade for them… Nope, I wore them with my vinyl dress. Was thrilled.

I remember those tall boots. I think they are back in fashion again. A vinyl dress sounds perfectly groovy 🙂