From The Onion. SAVANNAH, GA—Emphasizing that the cutouts would create the illusion that learning facilities were just as cramped as the year before, representatives from Savannah High School confirmed Friday that cardboard students had been added between distanced desks to maintain a normal feeling of oversized classes. “Although Covid-19 has brought many challenges to reopening […]

via High school adds cardboard students to maintain normal feeling of oversized classes — bluebird of bitterness

1. Something like this might, at least, remind students to keep a distance from each other.

2. I love The Onion! The sad part is, I can see this actually happening. The line between satire and reality becomes thinner every day.

I love the Onion!
    Baseball teams are really doing this for a crowd…I guess it’s smarter than having people in.

Are you serious about baseball teams??? What, the team plays games to an empty stadium with cutouts and then televises it?

Yes…that is where they got it from… If you are a fan you can send a cutout to the team and they will place you in a seat…if a foul ball hits your cutout…you get the ball shipped to you! lol no lie. They pipe in noise…they are playing the season.

It’s better than the nfl…they are actually going to let fans in…”only 20,000 or 30,000″…I think they are asking for trouble…some cities won’t let them but others will.

This is truly surreal to me, Max. It may be that things won’t go back to normal and that our lives will become virtual 😦

Yes it sucks…believe me…the players want fans back…as soon as it is possible.
            They said it’s the oddest thing they have ever done. The piped in noise helps.

In a way it probably is comforting to the hardcore fans. I don’t think they should be letting anyone into those stadiums now. Not worth the risk. Covid cases are already spiking in MI after some universities opened their doors to live people. WTF are they thinking? My son’s gf is taking online university classes and that’s how they should do it for the next year at least.

Don’t get me started on classes…yea Bailey starts tomorrow and he has to go in for at least two classes which pisses me off.

I told my son to quit his job at the hospital but he won’t 😦

I know…Bailey wanted to get a job this summer as a cashier…I said absolutely not…he gets it…but your son…that is his career…I see why he would have trouble with it.

:::twilight zone music playing::: such extremes because people WANT TO GET PAID. These rich athletes and team owners are feeling a pinch and they are willing to do anything!

The players not so much but they are under contract…here is the thing though…you have millions that want sports…same with music. The whole thing sucks.

Want that leads to death. I fear for the future! Seriously!

It’s up in the air now! Quite a few players opted out of the season…same with football coming up. Baseball you can stay away from each other…football? Them guys don’t have a chance.