2021 MOVIE DRAFT- ROUND 2 PICK 5- MSJADELI SELECTS-THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU — slicethelife

2021 MOVIE DRAFT -ROUND 2 PICK 5- MSJADELI SELECTS- ACTION/ ADVENTURE – THE LIFE AQUATIC WITH STEVE ZISSOU. msjadeli’s blog can be found at- https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/131408541 The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou Round 2 Pick 5 January 22 “The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou” Category:  Action/Adventure (that’s also a comedy!) Many of you remember when there […]

These videos also go with it.

thanks again Lisa

You’re welcome 🙂

2. I remember trying to watch The Life Aquatic years ago and the pace left me wanting. I had to quit, unfortunately.

I remember trying tai chi years ago and thinking the same thing!

3. selizabryangmailcom says:

I think you have to have a certain mindset for Wes Anderson’s movies. But I personally love the quirkiness and inventiveness. His style may be a little “aren’t we all so weird and isn’t this all so cute” sometimes, but if you get pulled into the story, that’s all that matters, I think. Nice pick!

Agreed on all of what you say, Stacey. Not only do the actors have to step beyond the veil, so do the viewers. It’s like reading a fairy tale, where the characters are archetypes as much as anything else. Glad you liked the pick, my friend 🙂

4. selizabryangmailcom says:

We just watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox several weeks ago (again) and I was reminded how much I love that movie. It’s fun, sweet, and I was genuinely moved several times. That takes talent! 🙂

We watched it last night…just awesome. ONLY Bill Murray could have pulled that off. Thanks for introducing it to me to the movie…though Bailey tried lol… I loved the visual effects and how they did it also. That was original…not the same old thing.

YAY! Max, I’m glad you enjoyed it. It truly is one of my favorite movies. I never get tired of watching it. Want to let you know I watched, “12 Angry Men” last night and loved it! If you look at my FF story today you’ll see I wrote it in honor of the film. Thank you for reviewing it which motivated me to finally see it.

I’m glad you liked it Lisa! It is inspiring that a movie with minimum scenary and action can be that powerful. All the actors were so natural and we know someone like them.

It was truly amazing how they worked through everything. Thank God for one person who has the discernment to question and the strength to stand by it. You are so right about the familiarity of the different characters. Whoever wrote that is brilliant and the actors were SO good! I’ve seen those faces in a million movies which made it all the more impactful.