International Women’s Day – March 8th — Keep it alive

on

Today is International Women’s Day. March is also celebrated as women’s history month. I am sharing some inspirational quotes on the role of women in the society; “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger, women are already strong, it’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength” “May all women be free to dream, express, […]

International Women’s Day – March 8th — Keep it alive

The wonderful Sadje has put together these life-affirming quotes to honor women across the globe for International Women’s Day.  Every day is Women’s Day.  Honor them.  Please.

Thank you so much Li for sharing.

You’re welcome and am happy to spread the word ❤

Thanks again.

2. Some great quotes and I like the idea of perception. Women are stronger than we think because we are also conditioned to become victims.

Yes, and the counterpart to that is that men are conditioned to think they can get away with abusing and exploiting the vulnerable — and often they do!

1. Sadly, yes but there is certainly a change of response with the Me Too and I hear a Her Too.

I didn’t see this yesterday…I know women pretty well…don’t understand them always mind you…but I saw my mom work 3 jobs to support my sister and me and the crap she took… so I know how strong you all are…plus her and my sister raised me…

Max, you’ve got the Women-Friendly seal of approval from me. Don’t feel alone, as I know guys pretty well but don’t understand them much. My old mentor, the lady who died last year from covid told me, “men want to be respected and women want to be loved.” As I was raised by a woman who had no respect for men — or anyone else for that matter! — it is very difficult to know how to do it sometimes, especially having been hurt by so many of them.

What she said is largely true…I have to remember that. There are different needs of both…it took me a while to discover that.
        My dad was a womanizer…they would do anything he said…and happily! I never could and frankly didn’t want to.