Draw a Bird Day — July 8, 2021 — Eastern Bluebird male

resized eastern bluebird male 070821

Birds are icons across cultures
serving as feathered pantheon
of our attributes and emotions.
Sorrows plummet on crow’s wings.
Joy’s infusion in a bluebird’s sighting.

The drawing is the first time I’ve used a youtube how-to video to draw anything. It works pretty well especially since it can be paused and replayed. The dimensions are off and I messed the eye up, but it could be worse!

The poem is my take on the gogyohka form.

1. Mark S says:

I like the drawing! I find it difficult to draw most things, so I am impressed.

Thank you, Mark! I have virtually no drawing experience but it relaxes me to practice. One year I did a coloring (from coloring books) every day and posted them with a song. (at Coloring Club Plus link on my blog) It was a blast but my wrist started feeling it so had to quit.

2. ghostmmnc says:

I like your drawing! Turned out real pretty. 🙂

Barbara, thanks! I think I’m going to try doing some more youtubes to learn to draw. The one I watched made it easy.

3. Dave says:

Looks nice and very identifiable! Wonderful little birds they are

Thank you, Dave 🙂 I’m kinda partial to them.

4. Great lines and a lovely drawing. You’ve done a good job, Li

Many thanks, Shweta ❤

Yay! I’m so glad you joined this month!
    My dimensions are always off, often because I start out too large for the paper. I like the cheeriness of this. The colors are so appealing. And your poem is exactly right! Every bird has its symbolism. (K)

Thank you, Kerfe 🙂 The youtube helped me bigtime.

I’ve started on my POPO postcards, and I’d like to send you one too. Last year I put a number of friends in the mix. You can send your address to me at memadtwo@gmail.com. (K)

Just emailed you.

7. I think it’s pretty good, Lisa. You passed the audition! 🙂

Thank you, Christian. Not bad for a newbie 🙂
      Do you remember those ads they used to have in magazines where if you drew whatever picture they had there and sent it in, you could be chosen for art school (i.e. sign up for their expensive lessons, I’m guessing) I wonder how many students (i.e. customers) they got that way?

8. Great job on both the drawing and the verse, Lisa! 🌞

You did very well Lisa…you can tell what it is and it looks good. I can’t draw a stick bird…

Thank you, Max. It’s relaxing to draw like it was to do the colorings. It’s something I want to do more of also.

You have a talent for it. You have the hardest part beat…it looks like what you are drawing! lol. My best friend growing up was an artist…and now he makes his living at it…it amazes me watching him draw…starting with a circle or whatever.

Max, thank you very much 🙂 Very awesome about your best friend. The youtube made it easy. I dare you to try one and you’ll see.

Ok…lol I will try tomorrow afternoon. I always wished I could.

Good! But go in with the mindset you can do it not I can’t do it. It makes a big difference.

I will Lisa…I will give it a shot. It’s something I want to do