Hobo Moon Cartoons Merch

illustration from the blog

I’ve been following Hobo Moon Cartoons blog since December 2018.  Not only does this very talented cartoonist feature his own collection of work, he has a history of tirelessly sharing quality animation from all times, genres, places with a dedication that is admirable.   I highly recommend you click on the link to take you to his blog abode.

On January 1st, Hobo Moon Cartoons posted about selling merchandise with his artwork on it.  Of course I was geeked about it because I really like the originality of the work.  Also, in a bit of synchronicity I was looking for a gift for my older son’s birthday.  I ordered two cups and didn’t have long to wait until they arrived, which was earlier this week.   The cups arrived in a very sturdy box, carefully sealed, and there were no dings or mars on the box.  Opening it, I was impressed by the sturdy packaging that is well-designed to protect fragile items.

resized cups 3

Taking the packaging “caps” off of the cups, I saw that they were resting in similar-looking, sturdy trays that held them securely in place.  Such thoughtful, protective packaging, and all recyclable.

resized cups 4

Finally it was time for the big reveal!  Please note that the fuzziness on the cups is cardboard “powder.”  The surface of the cups is glossy black.  I’m not complaining, but one thing I immediately noticed is where they placed the artwork.  Usually with cups and mugs, it is placed so when you hold the cup you are looking at the image.  With these the image is on the opposite side of the handle and so not looked at while you’re drinking.

resized cups 1

Final shot of both cups with images facing the camera.  My older son and I went out for dinner last night and I gave him the cups, which he didn’t see until he got home because I gave them to him as we were parting ways, in the parking lot.  We texted later and I asked him how he liked the cups and he was very pleased with them.

resized cups 2

1. Carol anne says:

Glad you liked the mugs, and your son did too!

2. Badfinger (Max) says:

That is so cool…I never knew about the merch. I think I found the site a few months after you did. He does an awesome job.

One thing I noticed when I went to his site after posting this, the ability to comment has been disabled. I hope everything is ok with him…

1. Badfinger (Max) says:

Come to think of it…I haven’t seen a post in a while

3. Mission accomplished, Lisa, the cups are lovely! I guess you need to hold them in an angled fashion if you want to see the artwork while drinking, or perhaps sit in front of a mirror! 🙂

LOL! I hope he can communicate with the company and ask them to shift the images.

I like the colors. I can’t fit one more link into my life right now…but I like that you share what you find. (K)

I understand about so many links so little time. I like those bright colors too and against the black.

These are fascinating

Glad you find them fascinating. There are links to so many good animations at the blog, not to mention the original artwork.

I’ll check them out